Wrestling #MeToo #SpeakingOut

Keith Houchen

• Paid Members

I'm honestly so sad by it all, so sickened, so mad. 

I've used wrestling as an escape from every mental health struggle I've had and to find people I respected and cared about have turned out to be cunts who deserved to burn. 

I'm so fed up of everything. 

1 minute ago, Shy Dad said:

I'm honestly so sad by it all, so sickened, so mad. 

I've used wrestling as an escape from every mental health struggle I've had and to find people I respected and cared about have turned out to be cunts who deserved to burn. 

I'm so fed up of everything. 

It's shit now but have some heart in knowing that there are some amazing people out there, working hard to keep the faith.  They're encouraging fans to stick with the biz.

And I know that the saints of BritWres (and the wider community) are going to roust these abusive/predatory cunts.  The purge is coming, & about time too!

• Paid Members

I obviously don't want to make this about myself, ever, because it's not. But knowing this was my safe space away from my brain and people I've spoken to, drunk with and even had advice from have turned out to be people that don't deserve speaking too is hurting right now. 

I'm sickened I idolised these people. 

I don't have anything to really say bar my heart aches for those who have had to go through this all and suffer for so many years scared to even tell their story. Its a dark day and I am sure there will be many more stories coming out. My hope is that with this being exposed as it is no other person trying to fulfil their dream has to experience the horrors that these people had to.

Just awful.

5 minutes ago, Factotum said:

I don't have anything to really say bar my heart aches for those who have had to go through this all and suffer for so many years scared to even tell their story. Its a dark day and I am sure there will be many more stories coming out. My hope is that with this being exposed as it is no other person trying to fulfil their dream has to experience the horrors that these people had to.

Just awful.

Hear, hear!!

25 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

I obviously don't want to make this about myself, ever, because it's not. But knowing this was my safe space away from my brain and people I've spoken to, drunk with and even had advice from have turned out to be people that don't deserve speaking too is hurting right now. 

They may have done terrible things that they need to face up to and atone for, but that doesn't mean there was anything wrong with taking what you needed from your innocent interactions with them at a time when comfort and distraction were vital. Whatever else has happened, whatever the unseen context, even if what you saw in these people was just an illusion, those moments as you experienced them were pure and you needn't feel bad about them now.

38 minutes ago, Shy Dad said:

obviously don't want to make this about myself, ever, because it's not. But knowing this was my safe space away from my brain and people I've spoken to, drunk with and even had advice from have turned out to be people that don't deserve speaking too is hurting right now. 

Dude you have nothing to feel bad about. Never think you do. You didn't know. The shits on them, not you

Edited by Factotum

Here's a question then ... how was Hager through the 5-Star wrestling period?

And if it's not explicit enough, are there any tales to tell?  BritWres fans, 'cos that's the latest "home grown" product on Sky, want to know (I think).

PS - Rey was there too, but he's a family man, right?

2 hours ago, mikehoncho said:

Here's a question then ... how was Hager through the 5-Star wrestling period?

And if it's not explicit enough, are there any tales to tell?  BritWres fans, 'cos that's the latest "home grown" product on Sky, want to know (I think).

PS - Rey was there too, but he's a family man, right?

Well they used a lot of the same talent as the World of Sport so that might suggest something but they were hardly around long enough to build any type of culture i'm guessing good or disgusting. 

I've been thinking about things going way back to around 2002 and even as just a fan who chatted to the wrestlers there were fucking signs everywhere based on which girls (and I stress the word girls here not women) were dating certain wrestlers. Many of the wrestlers were not much older than myself at the time and while it is still absolutely wrong to be dating 15-16 year old girls it was some of the older ones who were also doing so that disturbed me. One memory sticks in my head of being invited to a birthday gathering and meeting a couple made up of a fairly well known wrestler at the time and his then 16 year old girlfriend who still wrestlers I think today. Even back then the age difference bothered me and some of what I remember this girl saying about how she was now dating a second wrestler but that was "the limit" without getting a reputation. I never thought about how rife all this predatory shit was even back then. 

I'm a bit concerned about that AEW statement to be honest. I went a bit wild on twitter after I saw it and have been fending a few Jimmy Havoc fans off since.

I may well have overreacted here but I'm so sickened by what's going on, and having a close friend in the BritWres industry who is pretty upset too, I just went for it. 

I'm a bit concerned I may have just seen the statement and commented without reflecting on it! 

First post in about 3 years I think haha. Enjoyed reading though. 

Edit: as a sexual assault victim myself, i may have overreacted. I have nothing to do with the wrestling industry other than attending a few shows in Cardiff and being a massive fan and my mate being a wrestler who has tweeted his own experience. I won't name him here but it's out there. 

Sorry for being angry! 

Edited by sammorgz

It's Florida law that he can't be fired whilst in rehab, and he entered rehab voluntarily. AEW might be in a bit of legal shit if they even suggest they plan to fire him. I should imagine, once his rehab is done, he'll be gone. I'm by no means a fan, I think he's awful, and if the allegations are true, he's an even worse person.

It's shocking that it takes this kind of thing for someone to realise they have a problem, and to get help, especially when they've been handed such an incredible opportunity. 

22 minutes ago, iPumaPants said:

It's Florida law that he can't be fired whilst in rehab, and he entered rehab voluntarily. AEW might be in a bit of legal shit if they even suggest they plan to fire him. I should imagine, once his rehab is done, he'll be gone. I'm by no means a fan, I think he's awful, and if the allegations are true, he's an even worse person.

It's shocking that it takes this kind of thing for someone to realise they have a problem, and to get help, especially when they've been handed such an incredible opportunity. 

This has been mentioned to me a few times. Absolutely fair enough. Is it fair AEW worded him such initial support? 

I've never suggested he should be fired (I'm sure he will be?),  but the wording of the statement bothers me. 

Edited by sammorgz

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

What's your source for this? And don't start crying about bullying, you've made the accusation so back it up.

The only real flack I saw was that she posted screenshots of Riddle's wife's phone number, so she cropped it out and re-posted the texts.

All for naught apparently, as Tilde reposted the original. You might want to delete that, @TildeGuy~!, or at least block out the number.