Wrestling #MeToo #SpeakingOut

Keith Houchen

Regarding innocent until proven guilty, it’s absolutely right. Until the people coming forward with stories are proven to be guilty of lying or making it up, they’re innocent and should be treated as such. 

36 minutes ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

No, he really shouldn't be, not arguing that. 

My point is there is an assumption of knowledge here that hasn't been proven yet, and the story could just as easily be him thinking things were different based on what's been posted, and people aren't bothering to wait, they're tagging Tony Khan and Cody and telling them to fire him.

And they have every right to. Just as you have every right to disagree with them, at the end of the day it's a private company and they'll make a financial calculation. The person who shared those screenshots didn't accuse Roberts of a Crime they simply shared a conversation that Roberts was happy enough to be involved in at the time. If people are connecting Roberts in their minds to the similar accusations of actual crimes then it demonstrates those individuals are able to identify a type of behavior that adds to a systemic problem. Of course there will be people who go "But what he did wasn't a crime...what he did isn't the same..what he did was only morally reprehensible not illegal!" and I'm sure everyone can draw their own conclusions as to why that moronic train of thought would appeal to someone! 

Edited by Brudaker

• Paid Members
30 minutes ago, Mark_Doctor said:

Quite surprised this story hasn't been picked up by the Guardian/BBC etc yet. Perhaps something is coming.

I hope they avoid the cliche wrestling coverage. I don't want to hear about "WWE bodyslamming misogyny" or similar. 

• Paid Members
38 minutes ago, Liam O'Rourke said:

No, he really shouldn't be, not arguing that. 

My point is there is an assumption of knowledge here that hasn't been proven yet, and the story could just as easily be him thinking things were different based on what's been posted, and people aren't bothering to wait, they're tagging Tony Khan and Cody and telling them to fire him.

You say that like it would be an excuse. It's not.

Seeing Sanjay Bagga's name brought up again, I thought theres noway that dickhead is still involved in wrestling, he has been metoo'd a bunch of times. Years before the metoo movement even started there was creepy stories about him on here but no he is still going as a wrestling promoter. Checking his twitter he is a massive Tory wanker as well. 

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, Cousin Jim Bob said:

Seeing Sanjay Bagga's name brought up again, I thought theres noway that dickhead is still involved in wrestling, he has been metoo'd a bunch of times. Years before the metoo movement even started there was creepy stories about him on here but no he is still going as a wrestling promoter. Checking his twitter he is a massive Tory wanker as well. 

I'll always remember Bagga for allegedly paying people in ham sandwiches. 

Who was it who was outed for making young boys in the ring crew work in their pants? 

I don’t think WWE will care about binning off any of these guys, including Riddle. There’s no way AEW, despite hiring scum like Jericho and Hager, would sign anyone out of this whole mess. And that’s all they really care about.

• Paid Members
48 minutes ago, Kamaras-Tash said:

Riddle and his wife have came out saying the person who accused him has been stalking and harassing him for 3 years and they're in the process of getting her done for defamation 

Why not get her done for 3 years of stalking and harassment?

Either way, he'll have three years worth of evidence to prove his innocence, right?

5 minutes ago, Yakashi said:

I don’t think WWE will care about binning off any of these guys, including Riddle. There’s no way AEW, despite hiring scum like Jericho and Hager, would sign anyone out of this whole mess. And that’s all they really care about.

Unless something definitive comes out in investigation about Riddle I'd be surprised if they just jumped right into getting rid of him. Any of the others I really don't think they'll care too much.

2 minutes ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

Why not get her done for 3 years of stalking and harassment?

Either way, he'll have three years worth of evidence to prove his innocence, right?

He is, defamation and cyberstalking/bullying according to some screen shot I've seen. As you say he should have a lot of evidence to back up his case if its been going on so long