Wrestling #MeToo #SpeakingOut

Keith Houchen

• Paid Members

I can't find the words. I was a huge mark for Matt Riddle. I lost my tiny little mind when he asked me to give him a fistbump at a show. I shed tears of delight when I watched the documentary about him on the network. What a piece of shit. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

3 minutes ago, dopper said:

If you'd quoted the next 5 words after that, you would see what he meant.

You've sort of proved the point @HeavyT was making, about needing a bit more context and detail before condemning someone based only on a single sentence (or tweet).

Asking a woman for a drink and then being told she is 17 is one thing, finding out somebody is 17 and then asking her to go for a drink is very different. 

But we're not talking about 17 year olds asking each other for a drink are we? I know what context is, I'm not stupid.

What we're seeing here is a pattern of men in their late 20's to their early/mid 30's preying on young girls. 

Let's look at the Millie McKenzie/Travis Banks story. I've just seen that she's turned 20 today. She was 17 when they "dated" meaning he would've been 30. That is fucking weird and predatory.

• Paid Members

For all the high and mighty talk of straight edge wrestlers and recreational drugs/heavy alcohol use being a thing of the past, it proves that wrestling is as scummy and sleazy an industry as it ever was.

Edited by garynysmon

Jesus. 

This has affected people i know. I'm so angry about it and that stuff has happened to people I care about. I've worked away from wrestling with some of the people named and it has shocked me to my very core. 

I'm sure given what I've heard at various shows then there is so much more to come, with more names yet to come. 

Never want to go to a Britwres show again on the back of this. 

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, Accident Prone said:

If you don't have a problem with a man in his 30's trying it on with one of his 16 year old trainees, then you need to re-evaluate your own morals here. 'Legal' or not, it's disgusting behaviour and massive breach of trust. Would you be thinking the same way if it were your daughter or son being advanced upon by their trainer who's double their age?

Absolutely this. It might not be as severe as the other allegations but it's still really predatory behaviour. The nature of their relationship, as well as the age difference, is going to make it much much harder for the girl to say no. Which is the point, I suppose.

1 minute ago, tiger_rick said:

What's the Alex Shane one a few people have mentioned? I can't find it.