Wrestling #MeToo #SpeakingOut

Keith Houchen

13 minutes ago, sammorgz said:

This has been mentioned to me a few times. Absolutely fair enough. Is it fair AEW worded him such initial support? 

I've never suggested he should be fired (I'm sure he will be?),  but the wording of the statement bothers me. 

I don't know if they're just playing ball for legality sake. The law states that he can't be fired for reasons relating to his addiction, which I assume is some level of drugs and alcohol. I'm no expert, but if he's claimed he did things because of mental issues and addictions, they can't fire him, right? Regardless of the situation? I think the blessing here is that he's off our screens for the time being, the investigations (if there are any) will happen whilst he's off screen, and if they let him go once he's done with rehab, so be it.

Side note - When I ran my previous business, I was told by an employee that they would no-show their shifts due to drink and drug issues. From that point on, I was expected (by a HR firm) to show full support to their rehabilitation. That's here in the UK, but I could imagine it being similar to the Florida law? 

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, iPumaPants said:

Side note - When I ran my previous business, I was told by an employee that they would no-show their shifts due to drink and drug issues. From that point on, I was expected (by a HR firm) to show full support to their rehabilitation

What's expected and what's done aren't always the same in my experience, and some companies would use any loophole available to avoid dealing with an issue like drug rehabilitation of a member of its staff. 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Somebody mentioned Wrestling Observer Live talking about this on the most recent episode. Is that behind a paywall? And if so does it go free after a few days? It’s not something I’d normally listen to but I’m intrigued to hear their take on things

2 hours ago, Tommy! said:

What's expected and what's done aren't always the same in my experience, and some companies would use any loophole available to avoid dealing with an issue like drug rehabilitation of a member of its staff. 

To that there is little doubt. I wasn't ready to cause any further issues or have anything thrown my way for not dealing with the situation "properly", though. The employee left after a short time, either way. 

I'm not defending AEW's stance. I think it's ridiculous that they'd even word something to be seen as showing support for Havoc in light of the allegations made, but they are (for now) just allegations, he has gone to rehab, and there's not a lot more AEW can do, I don't think. 

• Paid Members

A depressing read. However delighted that the women and men involved feel empowered enough to speak out.

Has the Ashley Massaro abuse been revisited during this? It will never not be infuriating that those involved were never truly held accountable. If not, I hope she gets some justice.

Edited by ColinBollocks

That was the case where I genuinely started to think the WWE is untouchable.  There's no way, IMO, that she made up that story, but... nothing happened, the WWE bought her off and that was it.

• Paid Members
12 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

What's your source for this? And don't start crying about bullying, you've made the accusation so back it up.

Here's the image that Tilde shared. (I've edited out the phone number.)

Untitled-5.thumb.jpg.f5d92b94e11e23099da603198479e734.jpg

The person making the allegation took it down, removed the phone number, and then reposted it.

Untitled-6.jpg.efb9fb9e5194f5722eb7fd7a1ffa8171.jpg

Here's the reuploaded version:

Ea4zcHyXYAAUkTP.thumb.jpg.02554b14f653dae6e04d3682d6a5b4dc.jpg

It's clear that the user made an edit to the phone number. But there's a secondary edit too: she cropped the image, removing something key from the original:

Untitled-5.jpg.b47af262ad8fe8b6ebe3d54c133e635b.jpg

Since when does your messaging feature show ads and give you an option to have them removed? It doesn't: but apps allowing you to create fake messages do.

And then there's the second smoking gun: that conversation is in the style of an Android phone. Yet:

Untitled-6.jpg.5c0ca262d3d54e2614da201ce307b9c4.jpg

I don't know about anybody else but I don't have both an Android phone and an iPhone. And if I did and I wanted to share a screenshot from the Android on Twitter, I wouldn't transfer it to my iPhone first. It seems reasonable to me that people might treat this particular allegation with a touch of scepticism.

Edited by Ronnie

Regarding Havoc and AEW, if that’s the case about not being allowed to be fired when in rehab, he’s gone into self preservation mode like sociopaths and abusers do. Their statement read to me like a “We see what you did, and we will be waiting”