Wrestling #MeToo #SpeakingOut

Keith Houchen

• Paid Members

Which is why it's good that the police are involved this time. There's a world of difference between having your mate that some people have said a few things about, and having a convicted sex offender on the show.

• Paid Members

The only allegation I’ve read so far that I have doubted is the Riddle one. His lawyer has now released a statement stating they filed a motion for harassment and cyberstalking last year against the accuser and as Ronnie stated above, the screenshots are dubious. 

It seems he seems to be counteracting the claims in the ‘smart’ way rather than statements on twitter or video ‘apologies’. 

That’s not to say he is innocent and the accuser isn’t being truthful, far from it, it could be that he has lawyered up to get on top of it and try to control the damage and if it is true, then fuck him.

Has there been any other allegations made about him by others?

• Paid Members

If you're going to say you have not committed a crime it might have been worth proof reading to make sure the not is there.

Also hasn't Osprey had the reputation of being a total scumbag for a for a few things he's done for a while now?

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

If you're going to say you have not committed a crime it might have been worth proof reading to make sure the not is there.

Also hasn't Osprey had the reputation of being a total scumbag for a for a few things he's done for a while now?

I’m almost certain he’s dyslexic. I’m always making mistakes here for similar reasons, but yes, he should always be careful before posting, especially being in the public eye. 

He’s been caught out being ignorant or tone deaf on a number of occasions. I never say him doing anything creepy or abusive, but he will stick up for people before looking into facts which bites him in the arse.

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, Shy Dad said:

I'm honestly so sad by it all, so sickened, so mad. 

I've used wrestling as an escape from every mental health struggle I've had and to find people I respected and cared about have turned out to be cunts who deserved to burn. 

I'm so fed up of everything. 

10 hours ago, Shy Dad said:

I obviously don't want to make this about myself, ever, because it's not. But knowing this was my safe space away from my brain and people I've spoken to, drunk with and even had advice from have turned out to be people that don't deserve speaking too is hurting right now. 

I'm sickened I idolised these people. 

Very easy to be duped by a sexual predator.  They are experts in forming relationships on their terms for there own use.  I’m sure you have, and will have loads of friends who are not scum.  You’ve done nothing wrong, so don’t beat yourself up about it.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, ColinBollocks said:

Has the Ashley Massaro abuse been revisited during this? It will never not be infuriating that those involved were never truly held accountable. If not, I hope she gets some justice.

The twitter thread that got a lot of attention about it last year has started to be shared again. The biggest thing that could change about it would be if someone in the locker room were to say that she did indeed tell people about it - WWE claimed that she only ever mentioned an 'unusual pelvic exam' to anyone else. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Nick James said:

The only allegation I’ve read so far that I have doubted is the Riddle one. His lawyer has now released a statement stating they filed a motion for harassment and cyberstalking last year against the accuser and as Ronnie stated above, the screenshots are dubious. 

It seems he seems to be counteracting the claims in the ‘smart’ way rather than statements on twitter or video ‘apologies’. 

That’s not to say he is innocent and the accuser isn’t being truthful, far from it, it could be that he has lawyered up to get on top of it and try to control the damage and if it is true, then fuck him.

Has there been any other allegations made about him by others?

Other allegations that have seen about Riddle have been around cheating, rather than anything as severe as the biggest accusation. That said, people who I trust have come out in support of the accuser, in such a way that makes it sound like something she's been struggling to live with.