Wrestling #MeToo #SpeakingOut

Keith Houchen

1 hour ago, elisarcabrera said:

Police don’t prosecute. They collate their evidence and send it to the Crown Prosecution Service who will assess the evidence supplied and recommend whether the police should make an arrest or not.

Kind of the point I was making against Mikes idiocy. 

I genuinely thought Bagga and Alan Lee Travis were an item.

The more stories that come out, the less and less surprised I am. There are dozens of old 'traditions' and etiquette that need to die. Some of the accepted behaviours have aspects of cult-like indoctrination, the 'unmaking' of trainees so they're utterly in thrall to their trainers.

1 minute ago, truthofsin said:

https://twitter.com/lauraisnotacat/status/1274711930838683650

Adam Bowler being called out now. Not as bad as a lot of them, but no one should be made to feel uncomfortable.

This threads about to go nuclear.

On another note, I’ve mentioned this a few times on here, I had the unfortunate task of flyering for an upcoming show with the pair of them.

All they spoke about constantly was “raping chicks”

I had the misfortune to spend the rest of the day and evening with them whilst feeling utterly disgusted.

4 minutes ago, Your Fight Site said:

Didn’t Adam get into an altercation with Kris Travis during an event after saying something appropriate to his girlfriend?

He asked if he could have a go on his missus in lieu of payment. 

Yeah. Sorry to backseat mod but can we not turn this into another Bowlerama?  And also, can we not post stuff that’s already posted? We ain’t journalists breaking a news story, we are berks on a wrestling forum. 

• Paid Members

The idea that some people are reading the stories that women are sharing (and how many of them inspire other women to come forward and share stories about the same people) and deciding that the main thing that needs to change is anonymity for the men involved really is depressing.

You're basically looking at this whole situation and going 'you know what? Women have too much power here. Something should be done.'.

2 hours ago, Michael_3165 said:

A crime number is just a file opened on the case. It doesn't actually indicate a crime has been committed. It's probably the wrong term for that reference number. 

I would imagine that if anyone contacts the Police that generates some sort of a reference number so they can to identify that individual report or contact.

Then once they've spoken to whoever was making the report they would decide if a crime had been committed or it was reasonable to believe one was and if so they would file an actual crime report.

So I'd imagine whether it be a burglary, sexual allegation or anything else they don't immediately treat things with suspicion, they look at the circumstances and proceed if they believe a crime may have been committed but even if they dont theres some sort of reference.

Anyone who has made allegations of sexual abuse or criminality and is willing to speak to the Police should be encouraged and supported to do so. Im not surprised so many are so reluctant to do so though when even if a case is taken to court they're likely faced with the person theyve accused and their lawyer telling a room of strangers how it was all her fault.

The alleged victims or the Police not being able to gather enough evidence to take matters to court or get a guilty verdict at court is in my opinion not an indication of definitive innocence. 

The alleged victims deserve to be listened to and have their claims investigated to the fullest of means and the alleged persons responsible for the abuse deserve to be treated as criminally/legally innocent until they are proven guilty in a court.

However I do not think it would be morally unfair for people to suggest or make an assumption that if multiple people otherwise known or trusted as being reliable are all providing the same or similar versions of events or behaviour about someone or an event in particular to still believe that it's likely they did behave in such a way regardless of potential court proceedings or outcomes.

I agree with what Keith said that its a sad reflection of what a horrific environment wrestling seems to still be for women that so many people are having to pre-emt (sp) pretty horrific tales of sexual, physical, mental and emotional abuse often for very prolonged periods of time by having to say they know its not as bad as what some other people went through.

Its almost as though everything except being a paedophile or rapist is just to be accepted as "banter".

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, truthofsin said:

https://twitter.com/lauraisnotacat/status/1274711930838683650

Adam Bowler being called out now. Not as bad as a lot of them, but no one should be made to feel uncomfortable.

Not to take away from the seriousness of the allegations but I was properly laughing at "I got a message off Adam saying if I didn't reply he would hang himself with wire. I obviously didn't reply to him".