- No pension
- No health-care
- No background checks
- Often no wages
- No drug testing
- No Human Resources
- No age limits apparently

- No laws

This weekend exposed pro wrestling's secret side, what happens outside the ring to young wrestlers. A secret underworld of deception, exploitation and greed disguised and downplayed as ‘paying your dues’.

Built on a pyramid of secrets that includes abusive, mental control of its young performers and a long history of illegal business practices and corruption.

These brave woman had no choice but expose pro wrestling's less visible but biggest con outside the ring; 

its hidden manipulation of young wrestlers with broken promises and broken bones and a backstage power of the pencil that writes scripts for wrestler stardom or extinction. 

This ‘business’ needs to be cleaned up and become safe for everyone involved. Power to everyone who dared to speak out!

6 minutes ago, kamicazze said:

by prick not in correlation with this thread?

I've had him be a prick to me at the toilet of a show albeit he was in character so didn't think too much of it 

I’d probably tell you to fuck off if you approached me in a toilet too.

Edited by TildeGuy~!

1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Don't want to detract from the original topic, but this strikes me as a bit... Draconian and strong.

I don't want to live in a version of The Purge, but you despise all criminals? 

Maybe I'm being over dramatic. We've all done things we aren't proud of.....even if it was just using Napster back in the 90s......I'm sure you understood the point though.

53 minutes ago, kamicazze said:

I'm pretty sure years ago the sun newspaper did a countdown to Charlotte Church's legal birthday. It might have been another paper. 

Looking back I've no idea how it went to print and they never got pulled up on it.

This is eerily similar except they knew her personally. Disgusting from everyone involved on an impressionable young person.

I was thinking that there was no way that could be true.....but Google proves you right! My god!

Charlotte Church was 15 years old when Britain’s best-read daily newspaper began a public countdown to the day on which she could be legally fucked. The singer, now 25, told the Levenson inquiry into press ethics and standards that the feature made her “feel horrible”, and described over a decade of bullying by the Murdoch media group and others.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, kamicazze said:

by prick not in correlation with this thread?

I've had him be a prick to me at the toilet of a show albeit he was in character so didn't think too much of it 

You’re lucky he didn’t punch you in the face.

haha not as it seems. I was walking in as he walked out after shaving his chest , I did the old British awkward 'alright' and got that response.

I'm used to the occasional punch in the face - combat sports. would have added to the story. 

Edited by kamicazze

1 hour ago, chokeout said:

A company has come out and confirmed Will Ospreay blacklisted Pollyanna 

Had a look at the first IWL card and as I expected, a couple names from my former training school in the opener and it was almost definitely my former trainers Greg Burridge & Garry Vanderhorne pulling the strings here.

as far as whether Ospreay will be alright coming out of this, him being primarily in New Japan rather than AEW or WWE might help him. I doubt much of this is reaching the Japanese fans outside of his own sloppy apology post,  and I doubt New Japan will react when they did nothing about Elgin a couple of years ago, but Ospreay may at least find his adulation in the US and UK has dried up somewhat.

Edited by sj5522