Wrestling #MeToo #SpeakingOut

Keith Houchen

55 minutes ago, MungoChutney said:

Dallas deleted Twitter a week or so before the David Starr story I think. The lack of anything from ICW bar a vague Twitter statement is strange and worrying. 

i believe he's dealing with some personal issues

3 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Part of the problem in general, as in a patriarchal society, is that a lot of people say they’ve been wrongly accused because they don’t believe what they did classified as sexual assault or predatory grooming behaviour. We still have people who think a cheeky grope on the dance floor or haranguing a girl for her number even after she says no is fair game. Even in this thread, someone said “Women love playing hard to get”

This is one of the things I've been struggling with, in thinking back to my own behaviour to see if there have been any times I've overstepped (fortunately, apart from being drunk in a club 15 years ago, attempting to dance with a girl and rightfully getting a slap, nothing). It also has me thinking of what I may have witnessed without realising, when I was involved in wrestling, or even anything I would've brushed off as silly or inoffensive when it was in fact much more sinister. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, kamicazze said:

This one is a bit of a double edged sword given the reason they battered him, in this particular thread anyways. 

Yet i have seen first hand what wrongful accusations can do to someone. Not just  man but both sides. It's important that we listen, but also reserve judgement

Hold on, you are against jumping to any conclusions against people without due course and legal process but are OK with two thugs, one of whom has a history of violence and violent crime if I'm not mistaken, beating the shit out of someone with pool cues based on what? 

Edited by Tommy!

6 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

Hold on, you are against jumping to any conclusions against people without due course and legal process but are OK with two thugs, one of whom has a history of violence and violent crime if I'm not mistaken, beating the shit out of someone with pool cues based on what? 

Please tell me where I say I'm okay with it? I simply pointed something out. 

21 minutes ago, buba3d said:

i believe he's dealing with some personal issues

Yeah I understood there was something along those lines but ICW has a staff team and a co-owner. They may well be putting together more if a cogent response than others have so I'm not necessarily saying they're ducking it, just that's it's a little stranger they haven't said more as yet.

Once again I’d point out that this forum’s admirable efforts to come to terms with all this will look better is some posts aren’t from or liked by posters with names like “Rapey Eyes”.

Surely some mod can get hold of Moo and get the admin power to rename the poor bastards who got saddled with what I hope we’re all mature enough to admit are inappropriate names. 

Edit: this thread is also turning into the Kamikazee thread.  The lad’s not going to learn, just ignore him.

Edited by Loki

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, kamicazze said:

Please tell me where I've said I'm okay with it?

It was implied it wasn't something to be proud of brag about and condone, you said it "is a bit of a double edged sword", to wit something that has or can have both favorable and unfavorable consequences. I took that to imply you are OK with it or considered it justifiable. 

It just seems out of step with your pov before hand. 

Edited by Tommy!

Taking LO

5 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

It was implied it wasn't something to be proud of brag about and condone, you said it "is a bit of a double edged sword", to wit something that has or can have both favorable and unfavorable consequences. I took that to imply you are OK with it or considered it justifiable. 

It just seems out of step with your pov before hand. 

Going to take Loki's advice and leave this as my last post. 

No, its just the irony that we are hearing a horrible thing about the family beating some guy with pool queues because the guy was making advances at their sister who was likely underage at the time. Given the thread it's in. 

25 minutes ago, Loki said:

Once again I’d point out that this forum’s admirable efforts to come to terms with all this will look better is some posts aren’t from or liked by posters with names like “Rapey Eyes”.

Surely some mod can get hold of Moo and get the admin power to rename the poor bastards who got saddled with what I hope we’re all mature enough to admit are inappropriate names. 

Edit: this thread is also turning into the Kamikazee thread.  The lad’s not going to learn, just ignore him.

I have DM’d him. Maybe Neil or another mod can delete this account

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Rapey Eyes said:

I have DM’d him. Maybe Neil or another mod can delete this account

It'd be a shame for you to lose your posts just because the permissions aren't allocated properly. One solution would be for the mods to let you create another account for the time being. There's functionality within the software to merge accounts together (ie keep the current one's posts but the new one's name) but I don't know whether the mods have access to it.

53 minutes ago, Andy Roy said:

The silence from Jim Smallman is disappointing, Especially with what Pollyanna said regarding his treatment of the whole situation.

Their response to that Jimmy Havoc thing was pathetic aswell.   Imagine it......you go to a pub literally around the corner from the wrestling venue, immediately after the show and get punched by one of the wrestlers and the promotion's response is "nothing to do with us, it didn't happen on our watch, he was probably in character"

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Loki said:

No one other than Moo can do it. But it's very easy to sign up for a new account. If you don't want to do that because you value your post count that much, then I don't know what to tell you.