Wrestling #MeToo #SpeakingOut

Keith Houchen

As much utter shit Twitter and the like have brought on, Ronald McDonald is right in that we probably wouldn’t have heard about any of this and any possible change wouldn’t have happened without social media and the ability for people to easily contact each other and spread their message.

Mobile phones as well, without those there’s little to no evidence. But some of these dickheads have had all their pathetic vile shite screenshot for the world to see. As horrible as all this is, I can’t help but feel it was even worse for the poor men and women 20, 30, 40 years ago etc that had no way of getting their stories heard.

Might have been in the thread but I don't have 30 pages of time - did Mark Dallas delete his Twitter before all these stories broke or after? 

His silence has been pretty poor for someone I always felt seemed to have a decent set of morals. 

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, BrodyGraham said:

Progress have just announced that 2 of their 3 main guys (Matt Richards and Glen Robinson/Joseph) are stepping away from the company to be replaced by a more diverse leadership team including Vicky Haskins and Michael Oku (The OJMO).

Matt Richards had already announced he was out, first I've heard about Joseph going. That leaves Jon Briley from the original 3 directors and he's the one who's been responsible for the absolute shit show of their response to all of this.

Be interesting to see if they can repair the damage they've done to themselves.

I was always under the impression Jon Briley did most the work there anyway. Especially after Joseph and Smallman sacked off being PUNK ROCK~ at the first opportunity to be NXTUK producers. 

Lol t

8 hours ago, FUM said:

Might have been in the thread but I don't have 30 pages of time - did Mark Dallas delete his Twitter before all these stories broke or after? 

His silence has been pretty poor for someone I always felt seemed to have a decent set of morals. 

6 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

He's on here. Ask him.

Will be paying attention lol

3 minutes ago, tiger_rick said:

Disgusting language from Sammy Guevara. Probably a turn of phrase rather than genuine desire but sickening and unhelpful. Needs addressing publicly by the company and a genuine apology from SG himself.

I don't think I've ever said I wanted to rape someone as a turn of phrase. He could have said "Sasha Banks...man she's hot". Rape? Come on, there's literally no need for that.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, iPumaPants said:

I don't think I've ever said I wanted to rape someone as a turn of phrase.

Me neither. But I've said people should be shot and other things I don't mean literally. That's the only benefit of the doubt I'm giving him, it's a sick thing to say.

Thats really disappointed me w Guevara. I didnt expect that at all. Gone down massively in my estimation. Why would you even say that? Bet AEW won't bat an eyelid. 

He opens himself up to allegations here and that wouldn't look good in a court as evidence of his general attitude to women. 

Edited by Michael_3165

He would have been very young when he said it, and when younger we're a lot less socially aware.

Hopefully it's just that. Just like tiger rick said there are phrases chucked out there that when taken literal are totally different. Although its not a turn of phrase most people will have even used. 

Chris B is right, he is in a great position to give his side. 

• Paid Members
Just now, kamicazze said:

Chris B is right, he is in a great position to give his side. 

I mean address it as in apologise, talk about how he's learned from his actions, and why this kind of casual use of misogynistic language is inappropriate in any setting, and outright threatening in a public setting.

What do you think his 'side' is?