Wrestling #MeToo #SpeakingOut

Keith Houchen

• Paid Members
11 minutes ago, kamicazze said:

You seem to nitpick a lot of what I say?  

Because you're VERY quick to talk about things like 'his side', and about the level of proof needed to be believed. And you're doing it during a time when women* are talking about not just the abuse they've dealt with, but also the entire toxic side to the industry. And you've backed up the idea that the most important thing to come out of all of this is the anonymity of those accused.

At the end of last week, I was telling people I knew that one of the few positives I'd seen out of this had been this thread, where people had been respectfully listening and reflecting on what needed to be learned about it. In such a male-dominated forum, I really thought this was a sign that people were listening and learning. And then yesterday, I felt like an idiot because you and a handful of others came in and shit up the entire thread by whining about the consequences of men being accused and wandering into a HR conversation, because any other conversation is easier than reflecting and dealing with what women are saying.

So if you're going to shit up an important conversation by putting yourself in the middle of it, you can deal with some fucking 'nitpicking' without whining about it.

*As @patiirc has correctly pointed out, this isn't an issue that just affects women or cis women - not ignoring that, but trying to keep my points as simple as I can.

Edited by Chris B

9 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Remember when Paige did an interview with Austin on the Network where she bragged and laughed about her brothers battering some lad with pool cues because he was hitting on her?

Fucking weird family that lot.

This one is a bit of a double edged sword given the reason they battered him, in this particular thread anyways. 

12 hours ago, FUM said:

Might have been in the thread but I don't have 30 pages of time - did Mark Dallas delete his Twitter before all these stories broke or after? 

His silence has been pretty poor for someone I always felt seemed to have a decent set of morals. 

Dallas deleted Twitter a week or so before the David Starr story I think. The lack of anything from ICW bar a vague Twitter statement is strange and worrying. 

Me saying his side was a poor choice of words. Fair enough. 

I'm happy to hold my hands up when I'm wrong, e.g. the privilege statement.

Yet i have seen first hand what wrongful accusations can do to someone. Not just  man but both sides. It's important that we listen, but also reserve judgement. Like previously stated some of the evidence doesn't need judgement reserved e.g. Ligero. 

I want these victims to be heard, I just don't want wrongful accusations. I love the fact there is a positive change happening such as progress. I hope this is a catalyst for a culture change, As if i have a daughter one day, then I don't think I'd be comfortable with her entering the business or being involved in any way. 

I don't know if you class Wrestling as sports or entertainment, I can't comment on entertainment yet in sport I haven't ever really come across this. The one instance was a boxing coach from another club where a lot of our gut was telling us something was wrong, we monitored it and then raised our concerns. A year later said person was banned entirely from the sport. 

Hopefully Britwres gets to the point where they can identify things like this and report it confidently (I know there isn't a governing body so it's a lot more difficult). 

We need to show the victims empathy, other people impacted empathy and you may not think it but the wrongfully accused empathy too. I doubt given the sheer volume there are many wrongfully accused. 

if you disagree with any of that then i think we will just have to agree to disagree on finer points. Ultimately its the same result wanted and going back and forth about methods or how we display our outrage, or how we get to the solution doesn't change its the same result and solution wanted. Have a great day. 

41 minutes ago, kamicazze said:

We need to show the victims empathy, other people impacted empathy and you may not think it but the wrongfully accused empathy too. I doubt given the sheer volume there are many wrongfully accused. 

Part of the problem in general, as in a patriarchal society, is that a lot of people say they’ve been wrongly accused because they don’t believe what they did classified as sexual assault or predatory grooming behaviour. We still have people who think a cheeky grope on the dance floor or haranguing a girl for her number even after she says no is fair game. Even in this thread, someone said “Women love playing hard to get”

3 minutes ago, kamicazze said:

How and why are we finding things like this out if she wants to remain anonymous for the time being?

I'd never heard of Byron Wilcott. Horrible piece of work. 

Had a quick google as it was also a name i had not heard of, 

Turns out he had a Tag Team with Teddy Hart at one point,

IMagine that.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, kamicazze said:

How and why are we finding things like this out if she wants to remain anonymous for the time being?

I'd never heard of Byron Wilcott. Horrible piece of work. 

She's since deleted her post outing herself as the victim, so I've amended mine to respect her wishes.