Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

On 1/16/2022 at 10:31 AM, 5pints said:

Not that but I could sip tea right after i made it. Beforehand I would have to leave it at least a couple of minutes to cool down. 

It's the strangest thing. I can kind of detect it if the food is incredibly spicy, but if it's anything below that, I feel nothing. I'd say it's like a spice superpower, if it wasn't for the fact the extremely spicy food still affects me in, um, other ways 💩

• Paid Members

Day 6, and unfortunately I’m getting worse and worse.

My neurologist called me today in a flap, I was supposed to have been contacted within 24hrs of my positive test to arrange going onto antiviral treatment straight away. After a whole day being messed around between my GP, 119, 111 and local out of hours it’s now being sorted, but they worry it could be too late as I’m 6 days in. 
As well as the covid infection getting worse, my MS symptoms are also getting worse and I’m at massive risk of relapse as I couldn’t have my medical treatment last month. To say I’m bricking it is an understatement. 

Day 3 and the kids are fucking shit at Fortnite. Honestly, there’s only so many times I can shout “Follow me and don’t shoot until I say so” whilst the 4 year old storms in on a quad gets killed in the storm and throws a tantrum. Asda packed the bleach in with the food and it spilt on to some of the shopping so I’ll have a good idea if Trump was right soon enough. We’ve all got it now bar my girl who has literally just been diagnosed type 1 diabetic this last weekend. Things could be a lot worse but this is not the Covid holiday my stupid brain suggested it could be!

• Paid Members

I’m on day 8 now. Still testing positive. Only symptom I still have is a runny nose. I’m beyond fed up and bored. I’ve got to the stage where I can’t even be bothered to binge watch anything, read or play any games. I feel like I’ve exhausted it all. Was looking forward to hopefully being able to get out in a few days and see my girlfriend. She rang me this afternoon to say she’s tested positive. We are both thrilled we you can imagine.

The McDonalds did the job post jabs, but didn’t do anything for covid. Might see if a KFC will work. 

• Paid Members

Got a tickly cough out of nowhere on Tuesday afternoon.  LFT came out negative.

By Wednesday it’d developed into a full on bark. 

Yesterday woke up so shit I couldn’t even get out of bed.  This time, the LFT came back positive.

Today.  Fuck all.  Absolutely fuck all.  A bit lightheaded if I’m on my feet for too long, but apart from that, fuck all.

The point I’m trying to make, is that thus far I’ve watched all four ‘Undisputed’ movies, and about four years after he first recommended them to me, I took up @Dead Mike’s suggestion and watched both the Debt Collector films.

It would appear side effects might also include a sudden penchant for Scott Adkins movies.

On 1/21/2022 at 7:28 PM, John Matrix said:

It would appear side effects might also include a sudden penchant for Scott Adkins movies.

Check out Accident Man, I did the sound for that movie.  It's pretty good fun!

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, Loki said:

Check out Accident Man, I did the sound for that movie.  It's pretty good fun!

Did you really?  I'd seen it before as a big fan of the comic strip, but literally watched it again last night.  Cracking little film, looking forward to the sequel.  

Trawling the credits now before my rental expires!