Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members

It will. They're quite nice as well. 

The Australian government have said they're going to send Novak Djokovic home if he doesn't provide enough evidence that he's "exempt" from vaccination. 

BBC News - Australia could refuse Novak Djokovic entry over vaccine row - PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-59884038

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Paid Members
15 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

The Australian government have said they're going to send Novak Djokovic home if he doesn't provide enough evidence that he's "exempt" from vaccination. 

BBC News - Australia could refuse Novak Djokovic entry over vaccine row - PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-59884038

Beyond are a top tier vegan alternative, good burger!

I hope they keep him. The crowd will no doubt boo the shit out of him. It also has set a dangerous precident. If they allow him in, why cant they allow people stuck elsewhere trying to get back to Oz.

• Paid Members

There's a pizza hut delivery near me that do a nice spicy beyond pizza. Sometimes I pick one up on my way home from work on a Friday as a treat. 

Friends of mine live in Melbourne and they chose not to get vaccinated. Their mental health is in the toilet with all going on there. They’d probably riot of Djokovic is allowed in no questions asked. I hope they don’t let him in because it’ll weaponise anti vaxers if they do. 

• Paid Members

I’ve been hit.

Not gonna lie, I feel bloody awful. I’m petrified how my body is going to cope with my MS and compromised immune system. I also feel incredibly guilty for being off work when I’m needed, although I know it’s not my fault.

I haven’t been able to move from my bed today. I can’t help but feel that if my local NHS sorted my booster I wouldn’t be feeling so bad. I’ve been fighting for it since November, the only vaccine we have on the island is Pfizer and I’m allergic. I’ve been fobbed off for two months with “we’ll get back to you”. I need it for work as well and my Illness so you can imagine the stress.

I just needed to vent :( 

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Kookoocachu said:

I can’t help but feel that if my local NHS sorted my booster I wouldn’t be feeling so bad

I think you'd be right. Virtually everyone I know that's had it this time around (including myself and pretty much everyone in my family) has either been asymptomatic or had very mild symptoms, whereas when they had it first time around it was awful. Could be a combination of the Omicron variant being weaker, the jabs & booster working and our immunity system learning to cope with it. Of course everyone's body is different and reacts differently but there's a good chance the booster will have helped you. Hope you feel better. 

I'm really tired of this shit now. After Christmas was cancelled again because my son, me and then my wife tested positive at different times over Christmas and New Year, we planned to finally head up to the in-laws this weekend to celebrate. I cancelled my youth team's football match for today and yesterday we packed the car with overnight clothes and Christmas gifts. Just as we were about to leave my wife checked a lateral flow test for my daughter- positive. You've got to be fucking kidding me. Out we get, yet another weekend at home without being able to see family.

On 1/14/2022 at 12:28 PM, RedRooster said:

Bit of a random question here, but has anyone else, since having COVID, lost the ability to detect the heat you'd normally get from spicy food? 

Not that but I could sip tea right after i made it. Beforehand I would have to leave it at least a couple of minutes to cool down. 

My son tested positive on a lateral flow last Sunday night. His stepmum and I are both boosted and she also had Delta back in August. He had some very mild symptoms on Monday and was fine by Tuesday, in fact Pre-Covid he'd have been back at school after a day or two.

He's on day 8 now and still continuing to show positive so will likely need to do the full 10 days. We've been testing daily and are both negative. As he's only 11 we haven't been able to isolate him away from us and I've had to do his tests too. Have been expecting to test positive every day but so far so good. Although we don't have to we've isolated too aside from one of us popping out for shopping a couple of times. Just seems to be the sensible thing to do and we're fortunate that we're both homeworkers anyway. 

Edited by MungoChutney
Typo

• Paid Members

I tested positive on Thursday after feeling a bit rough Wednesday evening and even worse Thursday morning. So glad I’ve had the jabs and the booster because if this how it feels with them, I can’t imagine how much worse I’d be without. I thought I was feeling a bit better yesterday evening then started having dizzy spells. I think my nose is starting to clear up, but I just have a heavy feeling all over with everything I do and every part of my body.