Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members

Had anyone suffered liver damage since having Covid?

it was my medical treatment day today and my monitoring bloods were analysed. My liver returned an alarming result and Dr Google tells me that there have been cases of liver damage linked to having covid. Either that or there’s something else very wrong with me.

682B3B7F-1A7D-499A-A07E-4213558BF077.png

• Paid Members

Wow, that looks pretty serious. Hopefully it is covid related and will calm down in time. Fingers crossed. If they do scans will they have to be from the front or side on? 

Possibly better off in the who died thread, but as it's more to do with attitudes in general figured I'd post it here.

Before he died, apparently from COVID-19, Meat Loaf was dismissive of masks and vaccines, saying he wouldn't be controlled and saying a "Nazi" woman on a plane had shouted at him for not wearing a mask. Presumably he was on a commercial flight, as it would be odd if a passenger on a private jet was harangued in that way. Just over 50 years ago a man calling himself Dan Cooper (but who became better known as D.B. Cooper) walked into an airport, paid cash for a ticket, didn't have to show any identification, didn't have to go through any security checks, and walked onto a plane and during the flight claimed to have a bomb. What happened to him after that is the source of much conjecture, and is too lengthy to document in this thread. So if people like Meat Loaf aren't willing to be "controlled" by taking pro-active steps to protect themselves and their friends, families and Uncle Tom Cobley and all by wearing a mask and/or being vaccinated, why are they willing to be "controlled" by flying anywhere? Comparing airport security to the days of D.B. Cooper shows how much "control" people are forced to relinquish to fly. First off you need a government issued passport. Then you'll need to get all your luggage scanned. Then you'll need to take off your jewellery, hats, glasses, shoes, belt and empty your pockets. Then you'll need to walk through a scanner to see if you're carrying anything else. Then if, like me all the bloody time, the scanner returns a false positive you'll need to be scanned more thoroughly and frisked. The obvious conclusion is that you relinquish far more control every time you fly anywhere than you do by following the recommendations of doctors by wearing a mask and getting vaccinated, and that refusing a vaccine for fear of being controlled makes little logical sense.

Edited by Tamura

39 minutes ago, Tamura said:

Possibly better off in the who died thread, but as it's more to do with attitudes in general figured I'd post it here.

Before he died, apparently from COVID-19, Meat Loaf was dismissive of masks and vaccines, saying he wouldn't be controlled and saying a "Nazi" woman on a plane had shouted at him for not wearing a mask. Presumably he was on a commercial flight, as it would be odd if a passenger on a private jet was harangued in that way. Just over 50 years ago a man calling himself Dan Cooper (but who became better known as D.B. Cooper) walked into an airport, paid cash for a ticket, didn't have to show any identification, didn't have to go through any security checks, and walked onto a plane and during the flight claimed to have a bomb. What happened to him after that is the source of much conjecture, and is too lengthy to document in this thread. So if people like Meat Loaf aren't willing to be "controlled" by taking pro-active steps to protect themselves and their friends, families and Uncle Tom Cobley and all by wearing a mask and/or being vaccinated, why are they willing to be "controlled" by flying anywhere? Comparing airport security to the days of D.B. Cooper shows how much "control" people are forced to relinquish to fly. First off you need a government issued passport. Then you'll need to get all your luggage scanned. Then you'll need to take off your jewellery, hats, glasses, shoes, belt and empty your pockets. Then you'll need to walk through a scanner to see if you're carrying anything else. Then if, like me all the bloody time, the scanner returns a false positive you'll need to be scanned more thoroughly and frisked. The obvious conclusion is that you relinquish far more control every time you fly anywhere than you do by following the recommendations of doctors by wearing a mask and getting vaccinated, and that refusing a vaccine for fear of being controlled makes little logical sense.

Trying to think logically about the positions of a lot of these people is only likely to frustrate you. They are not operating from a place of logic. They are often not even operating inside the same reality that you are. It's an exercise in mental anguish.

Also, @Kookoocachu, is there any chance that reading could be erroneous? A mistake during the test or something?

Edited by 69MeDon

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, 69MeDon said:Also, @Kookoocachu, is there any chance that reading could be erroneous? A mistake during the test or something?

It’s possible, only further tests will tell. I’m calling my Dr in the morning for more tests anyway, as these tests were done in Southampton (that’s where my MS treatment is based) I need bloods done over here on the island so they can treat me if needed. The Solent is nothing but a ball ache when it comes to medical needs.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Kookoocachu said:

Had anyone suffered liver damage since having Covid?

it was my medical treatment day today and my monitoring bloods were analysed. My liver returned an alarming result and Dr Google tells me that there have been cases of liver damage linked to having covid. Either that or there’s something else very wrong with me.

682B3B7F-1A7D-499A-A07E-4213558BF077.png

Your blood monitoring results are presented far more prettier than mine are, @Kookoocachu

13 hours ago, Tamura said:

I'd have thought the anti-vaccine stance is to do with having something injected into your body that you don't trust and anti-mask being an extension of that. If you don't trust it then it's more risky than going through security. I can see why someone would refuse the vax but still fly.

2 hours ago, Sphinx said:

I'd have thought the anti-vaccine stance is to do with having something injected into your body that you don't trust and anti-mask being an extension of that. If you don't trust it then it's more risky than going through security. I can see why someone would refuse the vax but still fly.

His anti-mask stance appeared to be about control, not distrust of vaccines.

https://www.dallasnews.com/arts-entertainment/music/2022/01/21/meat-loaf-the-dallas-raised-bat-out-of-hell-rocker-dies-at-74/

I understood stopping life for a little while, but they cannot continue to stop life because of politics. And right now they’re stopping because of politics . . . We had to go on the airplane with the paper masks and then on the way back, we got a Nazi: ‘Get your mask on now!’ They’re power-mad now . . . If I die, I die, but I’m not going to be controlled

Following medical advice isn't politics or control, just basic common sense. He appeared to have no problem trusting doctors in relation to this other health problems.

spacer.png