Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

1 hour ago, 69MeDon said:

I hadn't realised that Covid deaths had crept up quite so much. 682 deaths on the 21st. 482 yesterday. I suppose this is a byproduct of "living with Covid", but the fact we are seeing these numbers even in spring is maybe a little concerning?

What’s more concerning for me is how it’s hardly been reported. We haven’t heard from Whitty et al in fucking ages. 

I finally got covid 2 weeks ago, I felt rough for a few days but tested negative so carried on at work, I then tested 2 days later after not feeling any better and as soon as my sample touched the test it went red, phoned my boss to tell him I wouldn't be in until I tested negative, after 6 days I finally did, the staff meeting we had on the first day back, the head boss told us all, "if you test posative and feel fine you should come in and work" At that Point there were 7 people off with it.. 

Profits before people.. 

I can't understand how it is such a hard concept for managers to understand that someone who has a sickness where they feel like white will make them unproductive and if made to work feel demotivated and less likely to value their job in the future. Someone who gets to stay home and feels supported on this will value their job more. 

Do managers just get cloned into their position as I can't understand how anyone who has ever gone to work sick wouldn't get this concept in 2021

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Got a notification on the app this morning that I may have been exposed to Covid on Wednesday night (Beck gig). 

Got home, did 3 tests. The first 2 didn't even work, so Mrs Jazzy & I found another box and pretty much as soon as I put the sample in it gave me a positive result. I've emailed work, called any family members I've been around since then to let them know. I just feel like I've got a really bad cold. Bit of a sore throat, runny nose and a headache. Nothing plenty of water and paracetamol won't help me deal with. The app gave me some thing about 6 days? Is that how long I have to isolate? Wear a mask? 

• Paid Members

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/self-isolation-and-treatment/when-to-self-isolate-and-what-to-do/

Basically:

Stay home for five days if you can (counting the day after you test positive as the first of the five.)

If you can't stay home, take extra care, eg wear a mask indoors, avoid public transport if possible, don't go to crowded indoor events.)

Avoid contact with anybody who's particularly vulnerable to COVID.

• Paid Members

Pardon my getting a little bit "tinfoil hat" here, but I got a text last night after I'd registered my positive result asking if I wanted to go ahead and trial a Covid medication they're working on. I had a look at the criteria, and it only seems to be aimed at testing these drugs on people who fall into the "vulnerable" category, which has made me a little reluctant to go ahead. I class as vulnerable because of my diabetes, but am just curious why they're not testing these meds on "regular" people with Covid as well. 

• Paid Members
38 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Pardon my getting a little bit "tinfoil hat" here, but I got a text last night after I'd registered my positive result asking if I wanted to go ahead and trial a Covid medication they're working on. I had a look at the criteria, and it only seems to be aimed at testing these drugs on people who fall into the "vulnerable" category, which has made me a little reluctant to go ahead. I class as vulnerable because of my diabetes, but am just curious why they're not testing these meds on "regular" people with Covid as well. 

At a guess, they’ve already been tested on regular folk and so need to extend the trial.

Less likely, these are being made solely for those classed as vulnerable.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

At a guess, they’ve already been tested on regular folk and so need to extend the trial.

Less likely, these are being made solely for those classed as vulnerable.

It might be, the Paxlovid treatment is only being used for vulnerable patients isn't it?