Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I see all the restrictions are possibly ending on February 21st. 

And sure as shit I’ve seen some FREEDOM bellends claiming it’s because of them and nothing to do with placating backbenchers hovering over the postbox of the chair of the 1922 committee with a letter in their hand. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Other than a suspicion that I may have had it back in March 2019, both my partner and I had managed to avoid COVID until now. Tested positive this morning, and feel like absolute shit. Extremely dry sore throat, really run down, and my head feels like it's full of cotton wool.

• Paid Members
Just now, BomberPat said:

Other than a suspicion that I may have had it back in March 2019, both my partner and I had managed to avoid COVID until now. Tested positive this morning, and feel like absolute shit. Extremely dry sore throat, really run down, and my head feels like it's full of cotton wool.

Hope you feel better soon

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, PunkStep said:

2019??

Hope you feel better. It's a shit thing to go through.

Yeah, obviously meant to say 2020 there. Obviously not firing on all cylinders.

I feel like shit, and it's just hammering home how ridiculous it is to be ending restrictions and pricing people out of being able to get reliably tested or take sick leave now.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Finally got struck down with it last week - first three/four days were spent riding a feverish wave of being freezing cold in multiple layers to burning hot at a moment's notice. That's gone now, the only thing remaining is a pretty unhealthy cough with lots of stuff coming out, which has knackered my throat and done more to wear me out than anything else. Still testing positive but a combination of Ibuprofen and Strepsils got me back on an even keel, so hopefully I'll be right as rain again in a couple of days. 

For anyone that's already had it and had the coughing symptoms, what have you taken for that? Anything you'd recommend? 

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

For anyone that's already had it and had the coughing symptoms, what have you taken for that? Anything you'd recommend? 

I treated myself to a Waitrose home delivery when I had it, and accidentally ordered some of their sachets of own brand Lemsip-style powder instead of tablets, and that seemed to do the trick keeping the coughing and sore throat at bay. It doesn't fix it, but helped ease it a little.

I'm now about a month into recovering from Covid, and I still don't feel 100% right, though definitely a marked improvement over the last couple of days. I've got a 45 minute walk home from work, and it was leaving me absolutely worn out and sometimes in need of a quick nap when normally it wouldn't phase me. I was in Hastings for a couple of days last week, and again had to factor in the odd nap to my plans otherwise couldn't get through the days. Went for a couple of walks around a park there, and had to ask that we stopped for a sit down half-way around both times. At the weekend, I was in York and Leeds, doing a lot more walking and feeling healthier with it, but by the end of the day was really struggling, breathing felt a lot more laboured, a few chest pains, and starting to lose my voice again. On top of all that, I appear to have lost all tolerance for spicy food.

Fingers crossed I feel a lot better today - though I'm at home and haven't been out for a walk yet - as it does feel like things are improving, but fucking hell this thing's been a slog. I had the odd restless night panicking about Long Covid and wondering if maybe this is just my life now.