Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members

The news seems to run in cycles at the moment, Covid got boring for viewers, so they shifted to the Ukraine stuff. Then that got 'boring' and they moved to the Johnson stuff, now its back to Covid. Covid never went away, its just our perception of it did due to media attention. 

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, RalphyV2 said:

Yea, fair. It must of been a staff member who caused it, as visitors are required to test before they can visit, i am not sure if daily testing for staff is a thing. 

Are they required to show proof or just say they've tested?

How are you doing @jazzygeofferz ?

After a week and a bit of an absolutely draining experience, I've tested negative two days in a row.

I'm pretty sure I caught it whilst out in Manchester but can't pinpoint a moment where I've been particularly close to anyone aside from the train journey to and from and I was masked up for them.

I've no idea what variant I've had, all I know is that I don't want this again and wouldn't wish it on people. Luckily I only passed it on to my brother but was shitting it that it would make its way through the family as I'd seen them just days before.

The symptoms have been mild, the worst of them was feeling like I had a brick stuffed in between my ears and a very swollen throat but only on one side.

Hope everyone is ok and all the best to those who unfortunately contract it.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Rule One said:

How are you doing @jazzygeofferz ?

After a week and a bit of an absolutely draining experience, I've tested negative two days in a row.

I'm pretty sure I caught it whilst out in Manchester but can't pinpoint a moment where I've been particularly close to anyone aside from the train journey to and from and I was masked up for them.

I've no idea what variant I've had, all I know is that I don't want this again and wouldn't wish it on people. Luckily I only passed it on to my brother but was shitting it that it would make its way through the family as I'd seen them just days before.

The symptoms have been mild, the worst of them was feeling like I had a brick stuffed in between my ears and a very swollen throat but only on one side.

Hope everyone is ok and all the best to those who unfortunately contract it.

I'm not too bad. Just feels like a particularly nasty cold. I'm eating, hydrating and taking paracetamol if the headache gets a bit too much. I think I've been pretty lucky so far, but still worried that I'm going to take a turn for the worse. 

• Paid Members

Today is apparently day 5. I took a test in the hopes of it being negative this morning as work said I can go back in if I do negative tests on days 5 & 6. Tested positive this morning. Not as strong a positive as it was when I tested on Saturday, but still only took a minute or so to turn up. I emailed it in, I'm still hoping I can turn up negative tests over the weekend as we'll need to do shopping and it'd be really nice if I could go back to work. I've certainly been feeling better than I was, but I still have a fair bit of phlegm in my throat, and if I'm up and about too long I start feeling a little nauseous, but nowhere near as bad as I was. 

• Paid Members

Sorry for the double post. I tested positive again this morning, and the LFTs are still showing a pretty strong positive. I've put the result in the app, and it's saying I need to isoate for 6 days again, but work are saying that because this monday is 10 days from my original positive test they want me to go back in, even if I am still testing positive?

29 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Sorry for the double post. I tested positive again this morning, and the LFTs are still showing a pretty strong positive. I've put the result in the app, and it's saying I need to isoate for 6 days again, but work are saying that because this monday is 10 days from my original positive test they want me to go back in, even if I am still testing positive?

I tested positive 6 days in a row but have been negative since. Keep an eye on the T line of your tests, if it's not as red/strong as the C line on a positive test then it generally indicates that you're clearing up.

As long as you test negative in the next few days you should be good to go where work is concerned however it's important to do what is best for your health. If you're still testing positive after 8/9 days, I'd get in contact with medical services.

Hope you recover as quickly and as best you can. I'm still not right from this. It's sapped what little energy I have left, just can't seem to get in the swing of anything without it feeling like I'm constantly carrying a hod of bricks.

• Paid Members

It's still a pretty thick line for the T this is only after about 2-3 minutes as well. 

IMG_20220624_085729_edit_59602961144028.jpg

Had a slight cough and tight chest today and then was a bit lightheaded in work this afternoon so decided on off chance to test myself. Sure enough 2 positive antigens. I only had it at the end of March previously too. Another week of hiding away in store for me. Poxy. 

• Paid Members

I'm still sick with it. My doctor's signed me off for another 2 weeks "to be safe". I'm going to be very concerned if I'm not feeling better by then. I feel knackered and light headed from the hour I spend making tea every evening. My sleep is all over the place. Sometimes if I stand up I'll get a rush of blood to the head, even if I get up slowly and carefully. I told work, and they replied with "why are you now too ill to come into work when you were offering to come in when you first tested positive?" to which my reply was "At the time I tested positive I'd not had a particularly busy day, and wasn't feeling too bad, but given how I've been over the last week I realise if I had gone into work on that Monday I'd probably have been sent home." if I'd felt well enough to make it into work if be there now. 

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I'm still sick with it. My doctor's signed me off for another 2 weeks "to be safe". I'm going to be very concerned if I'm not feeling better by then. I feel knackered and light headed from the hour I spend making tea every evening. My sleep is all over the place. Sometimes if I stand up I'll get a rush of blood to the head, even if I get up slowly and carefully. I told work, and they replied with "why are you now too ill to come into work when you were offering to come in when you first tested positive?" to which my reply was "At the time I tested positive I'd not had a particularly busy day, and wasn't feeling too bad, but given how I've been over the last week I realise if I had gone into work on that Monday I'd probably have been sent home." if I'd felt well enough to make it into work if be there now. 

Hope you feel better soon.

My Sons SEN school have been messaging again about outbreaks in the classes. Winter is going to be the shits again. 

• Paid Members

I'm finally testing negative, but I still feel awful. My arms and legs are aching and heavy, I still get lightheaded if I stand up or sit up too fast, my throat is phlegmy, my nose is still stuffed. I've got nowhere near as much energy as usual. I told my doctor this past Monday and he gave me a note for two more weeks. I'm going to be worried if I'm not good to go back to work after that. 

I tested positive for the 3rd time in 11 months this week. This is definitely the worst I’ve felt though. The previous 2 times were just like a bad cold, whereas just now feels a bit more flu like. I’ve a splitting headache, body aches, muscle spasms, stomach cramps, nauseous and severe fatigue. Whatever this latest strain is, it’s a cracker!