Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

After being a smug prick about being the only one of my friends and family to have not had it, it's finally managed to get me. Nothing too major so far. Bit of a headache, slightly scratchy throat, fever and I'm a bit tired. I'll admit to getting a bit panicky and anxious when that line showed up at first. But I'm looking at the positives. I don't have to go and paint my mum's shed now. And I've got Lee Marvin's voice.

44 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Is everybody wearing a mask?

I've never stopped, at least in high-traffic environments like supermarkets and transport hubs. Despite people still getting sick and dying it's apparently too much to ask for the overwhelming majority of the British public to wear a mask for 15 minutes while doing their shopping. 

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, lars85 said:

don't have to go and paint my mum's shed now. And I've got Lee Marvin's voice.

Just don't let her buy any wagons... 

4 hours ago, Tamura said:

Despite people still getting sick and dying it's apparently too much to ask for the overwhelming majority of the British public to wear a mask for 15 minutes while doing their shopping.

Causes microfibres, dust and pieces of cloth to get sucked down into your lungs, doesn't it? Can't breathe with them on either, stops the flow of oxygen to the brain, increasing the risk of brain issues. 

Also have to keep pulling it down to get a draw of my cigarette. Get's annoying.

You know how it works by now. 

So after avoiding it for more than two years I've finally had the dreaded double red line this morning.

To be honest I'm surprised I haven't got it sooner. My wife caught it back in January and somehow I was able to avoid catching from her. I go to a lot of comic cons as well and whilst I'm all masked up the majority are not. My luck finally ran out after attending the London Film and Comic Con this past weekend.

The symptoms are mild so far and feels like I've got a bad cold. I credit being triple jabbed for that. Fingers crossed it stays that way until I'm out the other end.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, David said:

Causes microfibres, dust and pieces of cloth to get sucked down into your lungs, doesn't it? 

I prevent this by wrapping a layer of cling film over my mouth and nose under the mask.

Win.

9 hours ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

I prevent this by wrapping a layer of cling film over my mouth and nose under the mask.

Win.

A suggestion that should be forwarded to anyone who mentions dust or microfibres in relation to mask wearing.

31 minutes ago, deathrey said:

Hope you're feeling better soon @SuperBaconand it's not too bad.

Cheers. At the moment I have a throbbing head, a hacking cough and a really sore throat, but what concerns me the most is I'm absolutely freezing. 

I'm worried about tomorrow as if it hits 36c I can't be wrapping myself up in a duvet as I'll surely overheat, but I'm just so cold whenever I get out of bed, I don't really know what to do.

17 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I'm worried about tomorrow as if it hits 36c I can't be wrapping myself up in a duvet as I'll surely overheat

You'll be fine if you do fuck all. Remember, your body is at 37c when it's ticking over nicely, probably closer to 40 when you've got the Chinese virus. You're hotter than the weather.

Edit: Obviously, I'm no doctor and take no responsibility for your potential demise.

Edited by King Coconut
Not a doctor.

2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Cheers. At the moment I have a throbbing head, a hacking cough and a really sore throat, but what concerns me the most is I'm absolutely freezing.

I'm worried about tomorrow as if it hits 36c I can't be wrapping myself up in a duvet as I'll surely overheat, but I'm just so cold whenever I get out of bed, I don't really know what to do.

I think the key to not overheating is making sure you stay hydrated. Drink something regardless of whether you feel thirsty, aim for a glass every hour when you are awake and you should be adequately hydrated to keep your body ok.

Obviously not a doctor but dehydration is usually the biggest issue with overheating.

On 7/17/2022 at 7:36 AM, SuperBacon said:

Well despite me taking every precaution possible, woke up yesterday feeling a bit rough and there was a faint line on the LFT, but this morning a big old fat line confirming a positive test.

Only two and a half years late for me ffs. 

Anyone up for a Zoom quiz?

What am I on now, day 4? Sunday and Monday were dreadful, the first day being the worst I've ever felt apart from when I had kidney stones. The poor cat had to make do with the dregs of her bowl as I couldn't even get out of bed.

Yesterday and today I've felt OK, still very bunged up and can't taste anything, which is proper shit.

It comes back slightly when I do start eating but then fades again. I'm really in the mood for some massive takeaway as well, but it would just be a waste of money at this point. Hopefully that goes soon.

Still positive today, and have been told that I can't go back in the office until I return two negatives in a row, so I think I'll stay 'positive' for a good while yet.

I am bored though.