Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

On an actual COVID related note, booster for me this afternoon, are we still doing the fast food after gimmick?

Yes, but fortunately not the other way round.  You don't have to have a jab before every visit to the drive-thru.

11 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Do it!!!!!!!!

On an actual COVID related note, booster for me this afternoon, are we still doing the fast food after gimmick?

Not just the boosters brother, but any unwell time.

I've attempted it this morning with the eldest, but I'll take a BBQ I suppose.

spacer.png

• Paid Members

So flu and COVID boosters complete. Flu in the left, COVID in the right, not at the exact same time. No chain fast food place near where I had them but there is a bakery. Lincolnshire sausage roll, an iced bun and a can of Lilt. I know they don't call it Lilt any more but it's STILL LILT TO ME DAMMIT!

Predictive text nearly changed this into a very different story. Luckily I re-read it. 

4 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

So flu and COVID boosters complete. Flu in the left, COVID in the right, not at the exact same time. No chain fast food place near where I had them but there is a bakery. Lincolnshire sausage roll, an iced bun and a can of Lilt. I know they don't call it Lilt any more but it's STILL LILT TO ME DAMMIT!

Predictive text nearly changed this into a very different story. Luckily I re-read it. 

Sorry to be a slight derailer but it does not taste the bloody same, they said they weren't going to change the recipe, it was just a rebrand to Fanta but it tastes different. Bring back Lilt!!

• Paid Members

It's finally got me.

The flu/cold bit isn't too bad by itself, but the joint pain is a new experience. It's mainly in my upper back and shoulders, which stops me sitting comfortably, but it also means that every cough and sneeze feels like I'm getting thumped by somebody big. My wrists, knuckles, ankles and knees are throbbing, like I've fallen asleep on a coach in a bad position.

7 minutes ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

It's finally got me.

Blimey, you really are a nostalgia nonce!

8 minutes ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

the joint pain is a new experience. It's mainly in my upper back and shoulders, which stops me sitting comfortably

Although I didn't have covid, I had this with my recent illness and it fucking sucked.

It was impossible for me to lay down comfortably as every position hurt my shoulders big time.

Feel better soon mate.