Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members

I forgot to mention the best part.

Yesterday morning I felt a bit rough, but put it down to another 4am conversation about how dreams aren't real and we all need to go back to sleep. I dropped my son off at school, and in the time it took to walk from his queuing spot to the top of the playground, my stomach started contracting and my mouth was watering, so I knew I was going to be sick. I figured if I could get to the top path, I could disappear into the bushes and be discreet, but by the time I got to the stairs by the main entrance I knew that wasn't a possibility. 

I asked a teacher, and she let me in to use a toilet. I just wanted the nearest one, but she insisted on taking me to the caretaker's one. By now I was actually retching, and doing everything I could to keep it inside. I got to the toilet, lifted the lid and went at it like Linda Blair.

Except I hadn't lifted the lid for enough, and it fell back down, so it hit the top of the lid and fountained off in every direction. 

I fear I shall have a new nickname when I next do the school run.

• Paid Members

I've got to go for my booster this morning. It's at a chemist's across town as for some reason my local GP surgery isn't doing them. 

• Paid Members

Take the chance to get the booster if you’re offered if. I’m not eligible. I’ve just had covid. Got me worse this time and affected me far more. Took me ages to even realise because it truly was like a bad cold so if you too have a cold, take a test. So tired and lost over a week to feeling bad. 

23 hours ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I've got to go for my booster this morning. It's at a chemist's across town as for some reason my local GP surgery isn't doing them. 

Same situation with me this week for my booster. My GP 5 minutes from my house isn't doing them so had to go to a chemist in town near my work. No bother though, in and out super quick.

• Paid Members

I know it's not a McD's, but I had a Morrison's sandwich deal after I went. Mexican three bean wrap, Hot sauce blaze flavoured Walker's Max and a bottle of Pepsi Max. My arm's a little tender, and I'm all snotty and sneezy, but that's probably because even though the temperature is low I'm still out and about in just t-shirt and shorts.

I got my text yesterday afternoon saying I needed to book my booster in and I'm getting it today at nine at my doctor's.

With everything I've got wrong with me I need to be on the ball with that stuff and I'm going to the arena on Monday to see blink so I want to be as safe as possible with that many people in close proximity 

• 2 months later...
  • Paid Members

I'm up to my elbows in the 'vid (third, fourth time?). Think this might be the worst. Basically flu without the aches. Hot and cold, face feels like I've got wasps in it, laboured breathing, a bin full of Kleenex and not because I've gone full Thunderplex.

Most of all, I'm just so incredibly bored. I'm terrible at being ill and/or in the house for more than about 24 hours at a time. Even if I did decide to be a prick and start infecting people in the outside world, the cold is agony for my sinuses, had to wash my face in hot water after going to take the bin bags out this morning.

• 3 months later...
  • Paid Members

Not sure if I've got the dreaded Cove or some other godforsaken illness, but I've been absolutely fucked since Friday night. Shaking like a shitting dog despite wearing about 6 layers. Can't stop coughing, even moreso at night. Throat is in agony, struggling to speak. Bunged up, dodgy stomach, and the worst part of it all is a constant chest/heart pain which makes me convinced I'm going to get rushed into A+E at any given point. 

Sick of it.

Yep I had it as well about a month ago, and have it again albeit not as bad as a month ago. That was rough and yep, my chest was so painful.

Tested negative for Covid (that's so 2020), both times, but feel like rubbish. Head throbbing something awful.

Can't taste anything which is always the worst bit. 

11 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Yeah it's definitely going around. My brother, wife and nephew have all had it. I feel the start of a cold coming on today and hoping it's just that and I don't get the same thing.

I honestly feel like me, the kids and my ex, have all just been passing the same bug back and forth for around 3 months.

My youngest was incredibly unwell about a month ago around her birthday (every year the same) and her cough was horrendous to listen to. Only just about gone.