Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members

That's grim news right enough. It's frightening the rate at which it is now just spreading through the population.

Hope you are all safe and well (as much as can be) and that you get some time with family in the new year. 

• Paid Members

Does anyone have experience of lateral flow tests with a faint positive line? There’s been one in the household today. Mine is fine although I’ve got a slight cold and headache. PCR booked in for tomorrow and will keep on with the lateral flows so will know more in a few days but wondering if it’s likely to be picking up a trace at early stages or if it’s a false positive etc.

• Paid Members

That’s what we’re doing. Plans changed, not leaving the house now and PCR booked ASAP. We’ll keep up the lateral flows to see if it changes (but will do the PCRs regardless).

Was just wondering what the chances are that it’s actually likely to be Covid was all.

Edited by choccygirl

4 minutes ago, choccygirl said:

That’s what we’re doing. Plans changed, not leaving the house now and PCR booked ASAP. We’ll keep up the lateral flows to see if it changes (but will do the PCRs regardless).

Was just wondering what the chances are that it’s actually likely to be Covid was all.

Going by umpteen trillion results including those of my mum and dad, which started faint, it's very likely to be Covid, probs Omicron. 

Hopefully it will be mild, get well soon x

• Paid Members

Thanks, both. I had wondered if it would just be an early detection. It’s weird that I feel a bit rough but have a negative result, but the PCR could show different obviously. I’m worried too as the other person is mildly vulnerable and has been more careful than me of late so it seems wrong.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you @ReturnOfTheMack, hope this time is better. Have you got a PCR test booked?

I’m so tired of all this shit now.

• Paid Members

Got my booster today. Was pleased to find out it was Pfizer, with those reports that their booster has so far supposedly shown the best numbers. Fingers crossed.

Bacon cheeseburger with grilled mushrooms, grilled onions, and gherkins, Cajun fries, and a peanut butter milkshake.

IMG20220103143620.jpg