Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members

Why aren't the government being called out on the fact that this 14 day quarantine for those returning from Spain wouldn't be needed if they'd gotten testing up to anywhere near they level that they claimed they would? Absolute shit houses.

• Paid Members
14 hours ago, Nostalgia Nonce said:

Planes coming back from Spain and the Spanish isles are quite literally speeding to get back before the deadline for quarantining.There's one scheduled to arrive at 11:58. 

My other half has just tracked one going 350mph at 10,000 feet over Market Harborough.

What a time to be alive.

To be honest Surf, that's the speed I try to ho through Market Harborough. Sadly the combination of driving a 2 litre Mondeo and Speed Cameras slow me down considerably. 

• Paid Members
Just now, KJHenley said:

Why aren't the government being called out on the fact that this 14 day quarantine for those returning from Spain wouldn't be needed if they'd gotten testing up to anywhere near they level that they claimed they would? Absolute shit houses.

Be fair, they promised a world beating track and trace system and they delivered. 

Granted its world beating in its ineffective and lacklustre set up and deployment and its lack of consideration for the data handling but they never qualified what it would be world beating at. If you're ranking shit systems and deployment approaches I'm sure doing well. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, KJHenley said:

What's the point in digging the government out any more. They are shit, always have been shit and I'd be very surprised if anything they ever do in future isn't shit. They have bundled though this mess reactively rather than being proactive, and have covered their shitness with an ok furlough scheme and support for businesses(which every single one of us will be paying for over the next few years, if not longer) and a tenner of Nando's. 

Calling them out doesn't seem to make a blind bit of difference, so let them get on with it and hopefully the ten-bob millionaires and middle class wannabe's that voted them in to "get BREXIT done" will learn their lesson and not vote for them when the next election comes(will they fuck!).

Nah. Call the fuckers out at every opportunity, highlight every error and do it constantly. People have short memories and this shower of cunts like rewriting history. We can’t let them get away with it. 

• Paid Members
19 minutes ago, Cod Eye said:

What's the point in digging the government out any more. They are shit, always have been shit and I'd be very surprised if anything they ever do in future isn't shit. They have bundled though this mess reactively rather than being proactive, and have covered their shitness with an ok furlough scheme and support for businesses(which every single one of us will be paying for over the next few years, if not longer) and a tenner of Nando's. 

Calling them out doesn't seem to make a blind bit of difference, so let them get on with it and hopefully the ten-bob millionaires and middle class wannabe's that voted them in to "get BREXIT done" will learn their lesson and not vote for them when the next election comes(will they fuck!).

Pretty much it. Between a bloody-minded right-wing populace and a supine media, this abject shower of arseholes have things stitched up. The only thing that would get them voted out would be if there was a strong suspicion that they were going to fail to deliver Brexit. I'm fairly sure they know that the whole "Get Brexit done" slogan has given them carte blanche as far as the electorate are concerned, otherwise they wouldn't be so brazen in their lies or their venality.

Shithouses moaning about their trips abroad being ruined. Were it not for this devastaingly stupid government, I hadn't anticipated any non-essential flights entering or leaving this country for the remainder of the year anyway. The fucking entitlement of some people. Fuck your holidays, you grotty little oiks.

Edited by KingofSports

I get it. A lot of people have been saving up for trips and it's their only escape for the year etc. We all understand how serious the pandemic is but I think disappointment is allowed as well. We're all missing out on a lot of stuff this year and it's natural to feel a bit down about it.

My biggest irritation at the moment  is seeing people take off their mask to have a chat on the phone while riding the bus. Even if its the kidnappers who kidnapped your daughter or terrorists telling you where the next bomb is, just tell them to text you. 

29 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

I get it. A lot of people have been saving up for trips and it's their only escape for the year etc. We all understand how serious the pandemic is but I think disappointment is allowed as well. We're all missing out on a lot of stuff this year and it's natural to feel a bit down about it.

We clearly don't all understand how serious the pandemic is. Feeling down is one thing, going on holiday and expecting the world to bend to accommodate you is being a prick.

I'm not one to kick people when they are down but I absolutely think there needs to be stricter consequences for people choosing to pop off on their holidays. 

This government is fucking septic but I would bloody love it if they turned around and said that from now on if you book a hol and your destination gets closed down etc etc whilst you are there which would then force you to quarantine upon return that your boss or company are under no obligation to help you. You either use 14 days holiday or go on unpaid leave. That would hopefully stop a few people from being bell ends.