Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, CavemanLynn said:

I've no doubt it works in other countries, but cultural differences and fostered attitudes to the pandemic need to be factored in. 

This is a big part because we are fundamentally different in majority culture. Just looking at places like France, Germany and the Netherlands a lot of things done wouldn't or don't work here because it's built on a social trust or a cultural not prevelent in England.

One initial set of stats said making it mandatory in shops will push large numbers of people back home and online. If true the result is small trader's failing while the government is absolved of any responsibility to support or them turning a blind eye to the rule and the government being absolved of responsibility for death and infection rates.

• Paid Members

What I fail to understand, unless I have missed something, is this seems only to apply to shops, not Gyms, Cafes, Cinemas or Pubs. It really feels like an effort in reducing people returning to the highstreet as Tommy says. It's almost as if the government is planning something else

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

What I fail to understand, unless I have missed something, is this seems only to apply to shops, not Gyms, Cafes, Cinemas or Pubs. It really feels like an effort in reducing people returning to the highstreet as Tommy says. It's almost as if the government is planning something else

Gyms cafes and pubs are supposed to have measures in place to enforce distancing, booths, seats left empty ect. Supermarkets have all but given up on one way systems and keeping numbers down. 

That said the gym must be the single worst place, lots of heavy breathing, sweat on machines ect. I mean you take a towel to wipe down the machine then probably use the same towel to wipe your own face. 

1 minute ago, quote the raven said:

That said the gym must be the single worst place, lots of heavy breathing, sweat on machines ect. I mean you take a towel to wipe down the machine then probably use the same towel to wipe your own face. 

That's disgusting even without a pandemic to worry about. 

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, King Coconut said:

That's disgusting even without a pandemic to worry about. 

People do it all the time, well at least at my gym. Thats if they have brought a towel if not then you have a choice of wiping someone else sweat from the machine or just sitting in it. 

Needless to say im not going back anytime soon

Edited by quote the raven

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Run around the fucking park

Another champion of The Ralphy Fitness Systemâ„¢.

It's the all biscuit meal plan that appealed to me personally.

Edited by Tommy!

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Tommy! said:

Another champion of The Ralphy Fitness Systemâ„¢.

It's the all busicit meal plan that appealed to me personally.

I reckon Ralphy is the only person who watched Forrest Gump running across America and saw that as life goals

Face masks won't be mandatory at all. It's a paper tiger like most things in this country are. I'm on the bus home now and there are two bellends without a mask on. One of them is a repeat offender for it. I raised it to the bus driver and emailed the bus company and nothing at all. Its these sorts of idiots that I hope genuinely get Covid.

1 hour ago, KingofSports said:

A 30 year old who'd been to a 'Covid party' in the U.S and thought the whole thing was hilarious, died at the weekend. Party on now dickhead. USA-USA. Whoooooooooo!!

As much as it was an incredibly idiotic decision for him to have made your post is dreadful. Finding a disease that is killing people hilarious is one thing but calling someone a dickhead when they have died is grim.

18 minutes ago, Joe Blog said:

As much as it was an incredibly idiotic decision for him to have made your post is dreadful. Finding a disease that is killing people hilarious is one thing but calling someone a dickhead when they have died is grim.

Don't speak ill of the dead and all that, but there are always exceptions to the rule

thatcher-vertical1.jpg