Awards Moderator Frankie Crisp Posted July 10, 2020 Awards Moderator Posted July 10, 2020 I’d rather have a holiday in Skelmersdale than Paris, and Skem looks like Hiroshima twenty minutes after the Enola Gay did a drop-off. Do the Jurassic 5 thing. Quote
Keith Houchen Posted July 10, 2020 Posted July 10, 2020 True story. I went to Paris with my wife. We were strolling alongside the Seine and she asked me to sing a french song. So being the knowledgeable cosmopolitan chap I am, I instinctively obliged with the first traditional French tune that popped into my head. She thought it was lovely and asked what it was. The moment was somehow ruined when I realised it was the theme to Allo Allo. Needless to say, she has since divorced me. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted July 10, 2020 Members Posted July 10, 2020 2 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said: True story. I went to Paris with my wife. We were strolling alongside the Seine and she asked me to sing a french song. So being the knowledgeable cosmopolitan chap I am, I instinctively obliged with the first traditional French tune that popped into my head. She thought it was lovely and asked what it was. The moment was somehow ruined when I realised it was the theme to Allo Allo. Needless to say, she has since divorced me. The last time I went was New Years Eve 2007 and a group of french lads bumped into me, took my sausage baguette off me (ooooh Madame!!!), and were fiddling with it in an enclosed group. They then gave it back to me and were trying to light it. They'd put a banger in the middle and were trying to set it off in my hands. Petite cunts. They introduced the smoking ban that night and the next day was hilarious as the French, even more pissed off than ever, tried to come to terms with it. Quote
Paid Members PunkStep Posted July 10, 2020 Paid Members Posted July 10, 2020 The fuck is wrong with you lot. I love Paris. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted July 10, 2020 Members Posted July 10, 2020 8 minutes ago, PunkStep said: The fuck is wrong with you lot. I love Paris. You know what mate, I've had a rethink. It's not too bad. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted July 11, 2020 Moderators Posted July 11, 2020 8 hours ago, SuperBacon said: The last time I went was New Years Eve 2007 and a group of french lads bumped into me, took my sausage baguette off me (ooooh Madame!!!), and were fiddling with it in an enclosed group. They then gave it back to me and were trying to light it. They'd put a banger in the middle and were trying to set it off in my hands. Petite cunts. They introduced the smoking ban that night and the next day was hilarious as the French, even more pissed off than ever, tried to come to terms with it. Well no shit, there's your problem... Going into any major city centre on New years Eve is going to be hellish. That's not really a fair representation of Paris. And also that is way more creative bullying than you'd have got here so you have to give them some credit.. Quote
Paid Members ElCece Posted July 11, 2020 Paid Members Posted July 11, 2020 Paris is comfortably the worse major city I've been to but I did get to enjoy a man in his late teens slip in dog shit whilst running away from unsuccessful bag snatch which was great. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted July 11, 2020 Members Posted July 11, 2020 1 hour ago, Chest Rockwell said: Well no shit, there's your problem... Going into any major city centre on New years Eve is going to be hellish. That's not really a fair representation of Paris. And also that is way more creative bullying than you'd have got here so you have to give them some credit.. To be fair to them they were still saying "bon annee" as they were trying to light it. Hospitable bunch to the death. Quote
The Gaffer Posted July 11, 2020 Posted July 11, 2020 "You English." Paris rules. Just stick to a good spot and haunt it, doing the wine and cheese on the street thing. Can't go wrong. Quote
Finbar Posted July 11, 2020 Posted July 11, 2020 Paris is lovely. It's the Parisiens that's the problem. Quote
King Coconut Posted July 11, 2020 Posted July 11, 2020 Yep. Anyone who doesn't enjoy Paris has some work to do on themselves. Quote
Paid Members PunkStep Posted July 11, 2020 Paid Members Posted July 11, 2020 @Vamp, back to the matter in question, have a look to see what regulations they currently have and if much is open. If things are mostly open, then I'd do it. Even if they aren't, and you just want to go because it's a place that means something to you and that will make you feel better, I'd still do it. Quote
Vamp Posted July 12, 2020 Posted July 12, 2020 Annoyingly France haven't officially announced they're lifting the 'voluntary' quarantine (though our foreign office has said they have so who knows) and work have cut my holiday short so I have to go in on Friday for 2 hours. Pretty frustrated all around really. Quote
wordsfromlee Posted July 12, 2020 Posted July 12, 2020 From the reports I've heard of how people are acting in the pubs round by me, I can see more pubs introducing measures like this soon Quote
Paid Members PunkStep Posted July 12, 2020 Paid Members Posted July 12, 2020 USA reports a record number of new cases, as does Florida (with 15,000 new cases). Sounds like an ideal time to reopen Disney World to the public! Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.