Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

True story. I went to Paris with my wife. We were strolling alongside the Seine and she asked me to sing a french song. So being the knowledgeable cosmopolitan chap I am, I instinctively obliged with the first traditional French tune that popped into my head.  

She thought it was lovely and asked what it was. The moment was somehow ruined when I realised it was the theme to Allo Allo. 

Needless to say, she has since divorced me. 

2 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

True story. I went to Paris with my wife. We were strolling alongside the Seine and she asked me to sing a french song. So being the knowledgeable cosmopolitan chap I am, I instinctively obliged with the first traditional French tune that popped into my head.  

She thought it was lovely and asked what it was. The moment was somehow ruined when I realised it was the theme to Allo Allo. 

Needless to say, she has since divorced me. 

The last time I went was New Years Eve 2007 and a group of french lads bumped into me, took my sausage baguette off me (ooooh Madame!!!), and were fiddling with it in an enclosed group. They then gave it back to me and were trying to light it. They'd put a banger in the middle and were trying to set it off in my hands.

Petite cunts.

They introduced the smoking ban that night and the next day was hilarious as the French, even more pissed off than ever, tried to come to terms with it.

• Moderators
8 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

The last time I went was New Years Eve 2007 and a group of french lads bumped into me, took my sausage baguette off me (ooooh Madame!!!), and were fiddling with it in an enclosed group. They then gave it back to me and were trying to light it. They'd put a banger in the middle and were trying to set it off in my hands.

Petite cunts.

They introduced the smoking ban that night and the next day was hilarious as the French, even more pissed off than ever, tried to come to terms with it.

Well no shit, there's your problem... Going into any major city centre on New years Eve is going to be hellish. That's not really a fair representation of Paris. And also that is way more creative bullying than you'd have got here so you have to give them some credit..

1 hour ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Well no shit, there's your problem... Going into any major city centre on New years Eve is going to be hellish. That's not really a fair representation of Paris. And also that is way more creative bullying than you'd have got here so you have to give them some credit..

To be fair to them they were still saying "bon annee" as they were trying to light it. Hospitable bunch to the death.

• Paid Members

@Vamp, back to the matter in question, have a look to see what regulations they currently have and if much is open. If things are mostly open, then I'd do it. Even if they aren't, and you just want to go because it's a place that means something to you and that will make you feel better, I'd still do it.

Annoyingly France haven't officially announced they're lifting the 'voluntary' quarantine (though our foreign office has said they have so who knows) and work have cut my holiday short so I have to go in on Friday for 2 hours. 

Pretty frustrated all around really.