Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

Just had my pre-opening training at work. I hope people realise the level of management they're going to be under in pubs. 

Anyone expecting a mad one tomorrow is going to be severely disappointed, especially in the chains.

Edited by BrodyGraham

• Moderators

With the pubs opening what kind of restrictions are there? Mask wearing or number of people etc? You've only got to look at the morons down south in the USA to see what a bad idea bars and no masks are. The US has basically returned to April levels of cases due to these fuckwits who have politicised wearing of a mask and generally being cautious.

1 hour ago, JNLister said:

Turns out it's not quite as mental as it seems as they aren't changing the licensing hours, so no booze before 11am. It's just the penny dropped that some pubs were planning to open at a minute past midnight and welcome people who'd spent all of Friday evening preloading at home.

Incidentally, the government haven't actually yet published the changes to the law that make it legal to open the pubs again or say what if anything they must do differently to normal. There's plenty of guidance but no sign of the actual legal regulations.

Don't come round here with all your logic mate.

Can they open all day then if they want?

Imagine being such a cunt that you'd try and open at 1 minute past midnight.

22 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Imagine being such a cunt that you'd try and open at 1 minute past midnight.

I’m probably projecting or something, but I can honestly believe that some would’ve anyway, but now they can do it under the banner of doing their patriotic duty like Johnson suggested. And because he got Brexit done, having a pint as soon as you can will be sticking it to the lefty remoaners. 

19 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I’m probably projecting or something, but I can honestly believe that some would’ve anyway, but now they can do it under the banner of doing their patriotic duty like Johnson suggested. And because he got Brexit done, having a pint as soon as you can will be sticking it to the lefty remoaners. 

I have just heard that the local Conservative club were planning on doing this, so point proved.

48 minutes ago, neil said:

With the pubs opening what kind of restrictions are there? Mask wearing or number of people etc? You've only got to look at the morons down south in the USA to see what a bad idea bars and no masks are. The US has basically returned to April levels of cases due to these fuckwits who have politicised wearing of a mask and generally being cautious.

Most of it is common sense stuff. No moving furniture at all, bar staff will be assigned sections which they will be responsible for (spacing, behaviour, levels of drunkenness), customers won't be able to pick their own tables either being sat down by an usher or the staff for that particular section, no bar hanging as customers won't be allowed to stand in the pub as drinks will be served to tables only.

I'm basically gonna spend Sunday afternoon telling big groups of lads/families to fuck off. It's going to be spectacular/the worst thing in the world.

In terms of numbers, my pub is dropping to a third of it's capacity. Wetherspoons are essentially running as bare bones restaurants so you can't enforce masks with customers but staff will be required to wear masks in certain situations and are free to wear them at their discretion. The main things we're enforcing are spacing and track and trace measures. Customers are going to be required to fill in contact details at tables on arrival or they'll be refused service/ moved on.

I work in Central Manchester so I'm still unsure how the weekend's gonna go, but I reckon suburban locals are going to be hit worst but anyone expecting a relaxing time akin to pre covid times are going to struggle.

It’s not a great example of following the rules however it’s no different to what happened with the protests and packed beaches over the last month or so and they’ve had no effect on the cases and deaths, both have consistently gone down in fact, so whilst it’s not ideal I don’t think there’s a massive need for scaremongering over it

17 minutes ago, courageous said:

Soho, London tonight - good old british common sense... fucking morons

Whilst they're being stupid by going out like this in groups and observing no social distancing, the blame lies with the government.

When you've got it being touted as Super fucking Saturday *Martin Tyler voice* "And it's liiiiiiive", then people are inevitably going to do things like this.

Be angry at the utter utter cunts who have fucked this up, not the public, as that's what they want you to do.

Give people an inch and they'll take a mile.