Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Rey_Piste said:

Its almost as if the government relaxed the rules way too early in attempt to make it out like they were actually being competent.

It's not even that. It's to try and distract away from the Dominic Cummings mess, the BLM protests and resultant "defence of statues" and their plummeting popularity in the polls. Let them go for a McDonald's and/or a Wetherspoons and they'll be so pissed up they'll soon be back on side. 

• Paid Members

An entire section of my work was shut off until further notice even when the retail side was opening, but as soon as Boris Johnson decided that 1 and a bit meters is as good as 2 and that it's not being policed anymore, magically that section announced it'd be opening again. This is and always has been about money and business, and not about the health of any of us. 

I am glad that I no longer work in security. The July 4th weekend is going to be a fucking nightmare for fights kicking off outside pubs, because they haven't been out for a drink for 3 months. Never mind the amount of abuse people are going to get because they will have to tell people that the pubs are full and they can't enter.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Mr_Danger said:

The state of that “The retreat of COVID-19” like we thought it off with a bit of grit and that bulldog spirit.

Tbf, the Prime Minister’s original advice was we should just take it on the chin, so that seems to be the party line

Anybody else see themselves age dramatically in the past few months ?

I'm nearly 40 , and have always looked a good younger than I am.

In the last 6 months , I’ve nearly gone fully grey , can see a lot more wrinkles in my face and I’ve nearly put on two stone .

Ran into a colleague there a few days ago for the first time in months and he did a double take when he saw me :(

Edited by RancidPunx