Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

24 days to be exact, and the 2 cases were Brits who were allowed to fly over to see a dying relative. Apparently they and the 1 other person they had close contact with since arriving have been isolated. 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Kamaras-Tash said:

Has the 2nd wave started yet then?

Give it a couple of weeks I would imagine. The queues for Primark alone in my local paper were embarrassing. Hundreds of people smashed together like sardines. 

2 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

Give it a couple of weeks I would imagine. The queues for Primark alone in my local paper were embarrassing. Hundreds of people smashed together like sardines. 

Thought it was 14 days and there's been millions out on the streets protesting since the end of May so there should be a huge spike worldwide right about now

• Paid Members
Just now, Jacko said:

I’ve been diagnosed with covid today despite managing to work through the worst of the last few weeks. Incredibly frustrating time to get it as well professinaly  for me.

Sorry to hear it Jacko. That must be so annoying!

4 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

Sorry to hear it Jacko. That must be so annoying!

Very we lost a lot of residents at the start when it was at its peak and despite masking up for 11 hours a day and still catching it is very deflating 

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, Jacko said:

Very we lost a lot of residents at the start when it was at its peak and despite masking up for 11 hours a day and still catching it is very deflating 

Well I've got my fingers crossed it's a speedy and safe recovery for you and yours.

• Paid Members

Interesting piece from the FT gathering together different data on what does and doesn't affect the risk of catching/spreading it: https://www.ft.com/content/2418ff87-1d41-41b5-b638-38f5164a2e94

TL;DR: Indoor far more risky than outdoor; time is just as important as distance; masks are good in indoor crowded places but it's bad to keep taking them off and on (which means touching them and risking getting the virus on it; large gatherings are terrible.