NorthSeaTiger Posted June 26, 2020 Posted June 26, 2020 Kinda....I’ve put on about a stone, which I’m not overly happy about although I’ve started eating healthier and exercising way more. As my hair was growing and I couldn’t get to a barber, I’m put some dye through it as i’d gone grey anyway and didn’t want to end up like Brian May.... Quote
Paid Members Surf Digby Posted June 26, 2020 Paid Members Posted June 26, 2020 My health and fitness is suffering badly from lockdown. Aside from no commuting, I now have no filing cabinet or printer to visit and so barely move out of my chair all day. I was cutting it fine after dropping the boy of at nursery, so had to go straight up the stairs from the road, the stairs to the house, and two flights of stairs to get to the attic where my work station is. I was seeing stars by the time I got to the top and my heart was thumping away. Quote
Paid Members PunkStep Posted June 26, 2020 Paid Members Posted June 26, 2020 Do you have time to go for a walk first thing in the morning? I do that (well usually jog, sometimes cycle) to replace the commute. Not only from a physical health perspective but also for my mental health. I find it's a good way to create a separation between home and work mentally. Quote
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted June 30, 2020 Moderators Posted June 30, 2020 I'm pretty sure that is a joke. Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted June 30, 2020 Posted June 30, 2020 Matt Hancock continues to struggle with numbers “The number of people being tested is meaningless, the meaningful figure is the amount of tests being conducted” Quote
Paid Members Your Fight Site Posted June 30, 2020 Paid Members Posted June 30, 2020 2020, Part II: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53218704 Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted June 30, 2020 Paid Members Posted June 30, 2020 2 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said: Matt Hancock continues to struggle with numbers “The number of people being tested is meaningless, the meaningful figure is the amount of tests being conducted” He's not struggling, he's being deliberately disingenuous because the number of tests is far greater. Quote
Paid Members quote the raven Posted June 30, 2020 Paid Members Posted June 30, 2020 Carried out my postal rona test yesterday, I’d be shocked if I have it. The system seems really good with the couriers. However I do wonder how well I actually managed to swab the correct parts. Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted June 30, 2020 Paid Members Posted June 30, 2020 So they've said non essential shops in Leicester are to close for another 2 weeks, but the horse racing is still going on there today? Am I the only one thinking they made this decision by either sticking a pin into a map, or picking a town name out of a hat? Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted June 30, 2020 Paid Members Posted June 30, 2020 1 hour ago, Your Fight Site said: 2020, Part II: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53218704 These things usually seem to come from Asia in modern times, does anyone know why this seems to be the case? Quote
Paid Members PunkStep Posted June 30, 2020 Paid Members Posted June 30, 2020 9 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said: So they've said non essential shops in Leicester Everyone from Leicester are just going to drive to another town/city aren't they. They can't possibly stop or control that, can they? Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted June 30, 2020 Paid Members Posted June 30, 2020 1 minute ago, PunkStep said: Everyone from Leicester are just going to drive to another town/city aren't they. They can't possibly stop or control that, can they? Exactly. We’ve never had proper lockdown. Other European countries had checkpoints, paperwork, people only allowed out certain days etc. We had a semi lockdown in comparison. And we’re trying to catch up without having properly containing it. But it’s the public’s fault for not following the guidelines, not the government Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted June 30, 2020 Paid Members Posted June 30, 2020 23 minutes ago, LaGoosh said: These things usually seem to come from Asia in modern times, does anyone know why this seems to be the case? extremely high population density, plus livestock generally being kept in closer quarters to large numbers of people than we're used to here, plus lax regulation on meat. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.