Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members

One of the theatrical things happening right now is The Prism, by Les Enfants Terribles. Its been filmed by artists across the country while in quarantine and is basically a choose your own adventure, lucid dreaming... thing.

Part 1 https://www.enter-the-prism.com/

Level 1 has 80 different videos that can be found.

Edit: its also some of the strangest shit I have ever seen.

Edited by ReturnOfTheMack

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

So looking at the list of things that can open: pubs, barbers, restaurants, bingo halls, cinemas, community centres, theme parks, arcades, wildlife centres, model fucking villages (they still exist??). 

Outdoor facilities at sports centres? Nope. Fucking bullshit.

I can't coach my players outside at our sports centre (socially distanced, of course) but Karen can pop over to a heaving Mecca to get her four corners win. Gotcha.

Maybe there’s something the government could gain from the places that can versus the places that can’t.

28D5340E-F163-4B18-BAA7-ED2F18B77E6D.gif.5d75fa1b708641530f0c33e132a1e93a.gif

Must be gutting for you as a mate of mine runs a kids’ footy team and is equally baffled. It can be done safely and whether they’re back in school or not, it would be amazing for their mental health, seeing all their mates, having a kickaround and having a bit of normality restored. But it won’t generate enough revenue to justify reopening, so fuck it.

I’m with Rick on this. Not going near the boozers etc. for a good while. 

• Paid Members

You not back training @PunkStep? Our kids are back but we've got our own ground. 

Was just thinking about this after walking past a bunch of kids outside the corner shop. They were playfighting, hugging, in each other's faces. Loads of them. Our kids are doing training in groups of 5, not allowed to go near each, doing basic skills and fitness and other kids are free to do what they like because the parents don't give a shit. It's just bollocks.

Edited by tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Yep we went back to training last Saturday, but I'm having to find places we can train because we normally train at a sports centre- which of course remains closed. I need to make sure we train somewhere covered by our public liability insurance, somewhere available and somewhere we're allowed to train without the need to book etc.

The place where we trained last Saturday is a public playing field, BUT apparently this doesn't apply with sports clubs/teams and instead you have to rent via an agent on behalf of the council. So after a warning from a club that do rent it (the coach from that team wasn't being an arse, more giving me a heads-up that the groundsman is a prick and will boot us off), we are training somewhere else this Saturday. All of our equipment beyond the balls, cones and spots I carry with me remain locked up at the sports centre.

Saturday was fucking brilliant though. @Frankie Crisp you're right,  it was amazing for their mental health. For the past month or two I ran zoom sessions for my players. It works really well for the likes of Karate (which my daughter has been doing since lockdown) but with football it is extremely limited. Plus, the kids just got frustrated that they couldn't always hear properly, some had technical issues and it just didn't feel like football. I felt like a poundshop Joe Wicks.

They were so overjoyed on Saturday. Me and my assistant coach took 4 kids each, kept our groups apart and ran the same session I laid out. The social distancing rules challenged me to creatively think of enjoyable practices, which was difficult as I base the vast majority of my practices on real-game scenarios and have lots of small sided games. But they loved it. And it helped me massively from a mental health perspective because I've missed this more than ANYTHING since lockdown. By a millions miles.

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

The place where we trained last Saturday is a public playing field, BUT apparently this doesn't apply with sports clubs/teams and instead you have to rent via an agent on behalf of the council. So after a warning from a club that do rent it (the coach from that team wasn't being an arse, more giving me a heads-up that the groundsman is a prick and will boot us off), 

We've got a similar scenario. We have our ground on a former school. Opposite there is a public playing field but our rival club rent the pitches on there. Sometimes our teams will use it if we've called ours off or we're doing work on it and I get no end of grief off their Secretary. Keep telling them to stay away from it. But people will do what they want.

Glad you're back and enjoying it. I've not missed it anywhere near what I thought. Went on a conference call last week about affiliation, insurance and DBS and just had a horrible sinking feeling that it's coming back.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, wordsfromlee said:

So you can go to the cinema but not the theatre or a comedy club?

You can go get your hair done but not your nails or eyebrows? Nor a tattoo neither?

The hair thing is due to having to sit for long periods face to face when doing eyebrows and nails. Hairdressers most of the time are stood behind so less chance of getting coughed or sneezed directly into your face. 

• Paid Members

Nick Kyrgios has been, quite rightly, tearing into Djokovic over this on Twitter. What a careless anti-vaxxing dick. 

Oh and stolen from Twitter: Novaxx DjoCovid!

Edited by PunkStep

7 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Anyone remember earlier in this thread when Novak Djokovic was saying how he was against a vaccine and even held a tennis tournament recently. I wonder how that worked out for him?

Not too well...

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

Anyone remember earlier in this thread when Novak Djokovic was saying how he was against a vaccine and even held a tennis tournament recently. I wonder how that worked out for him?

The twat will come out and say its "just flu" and he has survived it with no issues and he was right all along 

• Paid Members
6 minutes ago, Ralphy said:

goes to show that even very fit people with good diets can still get this, and its one of the many reasons we shouldn't be relaxing the rules 

No one is immune from it they dont even know if having it and recovering gives you immunity. Its going to be with us until a vaccine, at which point it will still be with us due to antivax twats. 

Edited by quote the raven