Covid related deaths comparison

UK deaths 
yesterday: 89
Day before: 119

Spain deaths 
Yesterday: 5
Day before: 2

but yes, let’s blame it on Europe...

Me being lazy, but what breakdown does the figure for the UK correspond to each of the 4 "nations"? I know that over here in NI we haven't had any noted COVID-19 related death in over two weeks.

The NI contact tracing app is also being launched today, you can already download it from the Play and App stores.

• Paid Members
6 hours ago, PJ Power said:

Me being lazy, but what breakdown does the figure for the UK correspond to each of the 4 "nations"? I know that over here in NI we haven't had any noted COVID-19 related death in over two weeks.

I saw this post recently:

Screenshot_20200731-065749_Chrome.thumb.jpg.aa0e8d141f5d2d08a38a7e56c2204acb.jpg

You report Northern Ireland not having any deaths recently, Wales appears not to have had any on that day (https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.walesonline.co.uk/news/health/wales-records-no-new-coronavirus-18675560.amp), and Nicola Sturgeon reported that there were none for Scotland (https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-update-first-ministers-speech-28-july-2020/), so the image seems plausible.

Well the new Lockdown thing is a mess. I'm in the middle of all the Lockdown areas, yet we are not underLlockdown. It's about 4 miles away from the end of the BB postcode areas. Wigan is not far, neither are the other areas. So we're becoming a cocoon,enveloped by Wigan and Blackburn Postcodes.. :/

The other half has returned home this week, and the idea was for me to go to hers for the weekend. However her housemate who has been visiting relatives in the new Lockdown area (and prior to that housemate living in with her own partner because stuck due to lock down) is due back today as they start a new job Monday and need to go to the new job from home. 

Either a) Housemate is going to be stuck in Lockdown area or b) Housemate comes home and no bubble and cannot see my partner. 

Suspect Preston will be added to the Lockdown list shortly given rising rates

Arse

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, Tamura said:

Back to lockdown in my neck of the woods. Some people on the local MP's Facebook page make me want to go on a killing spree.

hG2haJi.png

A lot of replies to Hancock's tweets were similar, but also stuff like "define meeting indoors, is it one family at a time only inside the Arndale Centre?" Andy Burnham has pretty much said stick to your social bubble and be careful in the pub and the shops. It's almost as though they're being deliberately vague to be able to avoid accountability themselves and blame the general public.

36 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

A lot of replies to Hancock's tweets were similar, but also stuff like "define meeting indoors, is it one family at a time only inside the Arndale Centre?" Andy Burnham has pretty much said stick to your social bubble and be careful in the pub and the shops. It's almost as though they're being deliberately vague to be able to avoid accountability themselves and blame the general public.

It's hardly rocket science though is it? The government, rightly or wrongly, have decided local lockdowns are needed to address the apparent increased spread of the virus in certain areas. So quite why people are incapable of simply avoiding non-essential social contact for a short while is completely beyond me. Instead there's constant loophole culture, with everyone looking for a reason as to why their "right" to have a family party or meet people at a shopping centre is more important than saving lives by suppressing the transmission of the virus.

• Paid Members

If they'd done something about the whole Dominic Cummings fiasco then maybe people would have been paying more attention. Their whole approach has been to try and look like they're doing something about it, while letting the herd carry out their eugenics plans for them. 

1 hour ago, Tamura said:

It's hardly rocket science though is it? The government, rightly or wrongly, have decided local lockdowns are needed to address the apparent increased spread of the virus in certain areas. So quite why people are incapable of simply avoiding non-essential social contact for a short while is completely beyond me. Instead there's constant loophole culture, with everyone looking for a reason as to why their "right" to have a family party or meet people at a shopping centre is more important than saving lives by suppressing the transmission of the virus.

People being too thick or too rebellious to do the right and sensible thing is absolutely a problem, but it's still a known factor - one that governments should be trying to tackle and minimise to the full extent possible, not with the least effort they think they can get away with to pass sufficient blame.

No one ought to be entering our house while we sleep and nicking the TV, but we still lock our doors at night. It's taking responsibility for known risks, even when they're a consequence of other people's misbehaviour. Shrugging and saying it's the burglar's fault isn't all that helpful. Same with childproof lids on medication - they should be kept out of reach of children, but there's a precaution the manufacturer can make, so they make it. This government would seemingly be content to just blame the parents while kids carry on chomping their ill-gotten pills.

28 minutes ago, Uncle Zeb said:

Shrugging and saying it's the burglar's fault isn't all that helpful.

I see what you’re getting at, but the analogy doesn’t work. It is ALWAYS the burglars fault and whilst that may not be helpful, it’s more helpful than victim blaming. 

Inevitably the law on face coverings in changing to include museums, galleries, cinemas, theatres and places of worship.

Obviously the government can't remember whether libraries exist so we're still waiting to see what that means. 

33 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I see what you’re getting at, but the analogy doesn’t work. It is ALWAYS the burglars fault and whilst that may not be helpful, it’s more helpful than victim blaming. 

If you know what I'm getting at then you know I'm not victim blaming. With that example, I'm just saying that it's part of everyday life that we don't trust everyone to do the right thing, given the evidence that so many won't (if given the leeway).

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

By that rationale, should we ban PSAs advising motorists not to leave valuables visible in parked cars lest they're accused of victim blaming motorists?