Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, CavemanLynn said:

How the hell does he earn a living? Who's giving him money, and to do what?

I’ve wondered that myself. Curious to know under what pretence he gained a US visa given you have to invest a certain amount to open a business in the States, otherwise I’d be living in New York right now.

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, Your Fight Site said:

I’ve wondered that myself. Curious to know under what pretence he gained a US visa given you have to invest a certain amount to open a business in the States, otherwise I’d be living in New York right now.

each state is different. California doesn't need that you just need to get a Visa. 

• Paid Members

To be fair, I remember when he was in the UK, he was running a production company - RQW was only part of it. He provided professional set-ups and recording studios for various projects - I think he was involved with the Thunderbirds reboot, amongst other things. I got my first voice reel recorded at the RQW building too, for a relatively decent rate, so chances are he was probably also providing that kind of service for other performers too. Wouldn't be surprised if he was doing that in LA - could probably make a living out of all the actors living there, looking to get professional materials made on a budget.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Maybe a stupid question but is that a green screen or a real office?

Virtual background. It's one up from green screen. Camera has motion tracking points so the greenscreen background 'follows' the camera and moves with it. Same technology they use on the news / match of the day to extend sets and add 3d graphics in. 

• Paid Members
45 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

To be fair, I remember when he was in the UK, he was running a production company - RQW was only part of it. He provided professional set-ups and recording studios for various projects - I think he was involved with the Thunderbirds reboot, amongst other things. I got my first voice reel recorded at the RQW building too, for a relatively decent rate, so chances are he was probably also providing that kind of service for other performers too. Wouldn't be surprised if he was doing that in LA - could probably make a living out of all the actors living there, looking to get professional materials made on a budget.

You went to Dagenham as well? Alex Shane lived upstairs there for a bit. 

Spectrum Multimedia is the company he mentions a lot. Has done some fitness shows that get shown early hours on a teeny network. He has been developing a TV show ever since he moved their, a police drama which he signed up Kurt Angel and Katie Lea to star in (he still says its gonna happen) and he does a lot of independent student films and the such. I am guessing that's how he earns his keep.

He's also a musician and did his first ever solo gig at a dive bar in LA a few months back. it was on Youtube I think and it was something

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Your Fight Site said:

Sounds like you're talking about the EB-5 program, maybe that is what he did, but there are also a lot of different visas and he may have just obtained a basic B "visitor" visa and is entering/departing the country as needed.

47 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

each state is different. California doesn't need that you just need to get a Visa. 

You what?

• Moderators
9 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

He has been developing a TV show ever since he moved their, a police drama which he signed up Kurt Angel and Katie Lea to star in (he still says its gonna happen)

Fucking love that. Emergency: LA. It's been on IMDB for years, always with the release date of whatever next year is. There's plot summaries and the complete cast (guest roles included) for every episode of a full 13 episode first season, and the first episode of season 2, as though it's all been shot and edited, and is a real thing that exists. The mystery of his background and finances, which allows him to fuck around in Hollywood, has a real Tommy Wiseau/Neil Breen vibe.

Was it here someone posted that video a few months back of him in a bar playing a 90 minute live solo set of old wrestling themes he'd written?

Edited by Astro Hollywood

• Paid Members
Just now, neil said:

You what?

I know he must have a permanent visa because he's only come back here twice since moving over there.

What I was trying to say is that each state in America has different rules for becoming a resident. So in Florida I know if you are from the UK and want to move there you need to buy into a business and employ so many locals to get a visa. But I believe that the conditions vary by each state.

1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

What I was trying to say is that each state in America has different rules for becoming a resident. So in Florida I know if you are from the UK and want to move there you need to buy into a business and employ so many locals to get a visa. But I believe that the conditions vary by each state.

Evidence please. Visas in America are handled by the State Dept which is a federal agency not a state one. States have no control over visas to the best of my knowledge.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

I know he must have a permanent visa because he's only come back here twice since moving over there.

Returns to the UK don't mean much, could still be on a non-immigrant visa. Also there aren't different rules by state. There is a very specific investor visa, in which case the only requirement is that you invest <x> amount in some rural area, but doesn't mean you have to live there.

Someone I used to see back in my single days got back in touch just before all this kicked off and asked if I wanted to go for a drink.

I said yes obviously, but recently it's come to light that she is a massive anti-vaxxer and has some questionable views about the seriousness of Covid 19 and the 'plan for the government to indoctrinate and control us' through mass vaccination.

Really surprising as she has always seemed a pretty smart and level headed person, but some of the shit she is posting and saying is appalling. 

Still going for the drink though, as to be honest, she is really fit.