Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members
21 hours ago, Hugh Thesz said:

Nicola Sturgeon has announced a locldown of visiting houses or hosting guests on the Glasgow and surrounding areas.

Initially for a fortnight, however it will be reveiwed in seven days.

Glasgow city centre was fucking jumping on Friday with limited spaces in pubs seeing  a lot of folk having to wait to go in; if being allowed at all.

In my opinion, being a Nationalist but being level headed enough to have an unbiased opinion if there are lies being told it is to limit to potential threat we are faceing.

Same.

I hate to say it but I've noticed a good bit of arrogance up here regarding the virus. People are acting like the reason we've done "better" than England is because we are so much more, intelligent and sensible. It's bollocks. Granted our leadership has been a hundred times better but the truth is that we got the virus later so it had less time to spread before the UK-wide lockdown.

I've also seen morons use the low case numbers - a result of lockdown - as evidence that we never needed to go into lockdown in the first place.

I think another country-wide lockdown is inevitable at this point, which is terrifying, because there's no way that the Tories are going fund another furlough scheme.

Edited by unfitfinlay
For some reason I put England in quotes rather than better. Looked stupid.

• Paid Members

Fox News, or one of its local affiliate stations was reporting the other day that the CDC has apparently released figures showing that 94% of Covid deaths were people that had other underlying medical conditions in the latest round of America's desperate attempts to downplay the severity of it. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Fox News, or one of its local affiliate stations was reporting the other day that the CDC has apparently released figures showing that 94% of Covid deaths were people that had other underlying medical conditions in the latest round of America's desperate attempts to downplay the severity of it. 

Totally ignoring that Covid-19 would have exacerbated the underlying conditions. 

It's like you've not been paying attention, Chris. Everyone knows those other deaths are caused by secret chemtrails paid for by Soros, sprayed over the country disguised as 5G microwaves by planes of shadowy pedo thugs armed with bags of soup, to make President Trump look bad.

Good lord, you'd really hope that 5 staff members testing positive would be enough to shift back to online learning for at least a couple of weeks...

I'm in a similar position - due back any day now, with no mention of a change in duties despite our risk assessment putting me in the highest risk category. There are tons of measures in place, all staff and students are being put into class bubbles that we can't move out of (so we have to hope we're not in with any knobheads, because we'll be stuck with them for the foreseeable future) and students are being told they have to comply 100% otherwise they'll be off the course without question, but whether anyone actually enforces that remains to be seen. Daily cases have been rising for the last few weeks, the area was added to the official watch list a few days ago and teenagers / young people are thought to make up the majority of new cases, so we're all a bit apprehensive to say the least. It very much feels like it's a case of "when, not if" in terms of something untoward happening.

Best of luck to everyone! Hope we all manage to stay safe!

• Paid Members

My daugher had a temperature this morning. She has been back 3 days but has a very slight cold. But, as were are not supposed to send her in with one shes stayed home. Logged on to get  a test, no drive in appointments, no tests available to be sent. So what are we supposed to do. Also found out the school is not testing the kids temperature before the start of the day. And her bubble is then split for maths and english, so rather then her bubble of 30 odd kids, she's really in one with up to 90 kids potentially. Absolute shit show.  

The temperature testing is a funny one as most places are using the temp gun on the forehead which only records the temp of your skin so there are likely people slipping through the cracks. 

I am not back until Feb/March now as we share parental leave so both off until then. For everyone who is heading back I hope it goes well and that you stay safe. 

• Paid Members

The whole thing is a mess, and the reports that there were almost 3000 new cases yesterday can't be filling people with confidence. 

I'm still at home and got a call from work today to say 2 of mine (aged 12/13) have tested positive for Covid. Luckily, parents kept them at home as they showed symptoms late last week so no one else has been exposed. The bubbles at my school are year group ones so it would mean all 210  kids would need to isolate. Staff however work across bubbles so I dont know how it would work with them.