Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

4 hours ago, Harry Wiseau said:

So the Birmingham Lockdown begins on Tuesday (obviously) but from whats been said so far it seems that it comes down to - you can't have anyone round your house. Pubs, restaurants, shops, leisure centres, bingo halls, cinemas, saunas appear to be ok but you can't have your mom (that's how it's said / written in Birmingham) round for lunch. So my parents now can't pick up my kids from school on a Friday when both myself and wife are at work but if my kids could walk to walk to the closest pub then they could sit with them? Nice and clear. and "Birmingham" is a bit vague, is it anyone with a B postcode? obviously it'll all be clarified shortly and make perfect sense. 

You can’t mix households mate that’s the main thing whether that be in the house , pub or restaurant . Your only supposed to stay in your household group . So I can go to the pub with my missus but not my mates . I’m in Sandwell . 

its mental to think last week the government were paying for my tea 3 nights a week , telling me to send my children back to school cause it’s safe , telling all office staff to stop working from home and get back in the office to help local towns and the economy, encouraging social activity. I know there’s social distancing in place but if your going out more with or without social distancing it’s going to spread more .

Now there telling me I can’t see anyone other then my wife and kid, but I can mix with people at work and mix with people when I drop my kid off . The whole thing is getting tiresome now 

This government are an absolute joke 

Apparently, councils agreed to restrictions but the restrictions agreed were no meeting in homes or gardens . The hospitality sector was not included or never discussed. Matt hannock changed the statement without ever agreeing with the councils 

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/fury-confusion-matt-hancock-appeared-18922013

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/live-updates-birmingham-brink-lockdown-18895754

They are absolute clowns 

it’s been cleared up now that it is just homes and gardens u can’t mix , but u can legally mix with 6 people in a pub bar or restaurant. 

so what there saying is I can go on an all day session in a pub all day but going back to my house for drinks isn’t allowed . It’s mad 

Edited by bono

I was tested today cos one of my clients who I interviewed for 45 mins in a tiny office in court building on Monday was given a prison sentence on Wednesday, and his test when being lodged into prison came back positive. Hopefully I've not caught it off him. I was wearing my mask the entire time but he kept pulling his off to talk. Test wasn't nearly as bad as I expected, nose swab was slightly uncomfortable but not the brain scraping I was expecting. Hopefully test comes back negative as I had next week booked off and was going to go away to a coastal town for 2 nights just for a change of scenery. The thought instead of 14 days in isolation in my 2 room flat does not appeal to me in the slightest!

• Paid Members

Covid Marshalls. Definitely not just some idiot on a power trip who wants to get away with wearing their hi-viz to get away with some dodgy stuff 

FB_IMG_1599910546693.jpg

• Paid Members
14 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Covid Marshalls. Definitely not just some idiot on a power trip who wants to get away with wearing their hi-viz to get away with some dodgy stuff 

FB_IMG_1599910546693.jpg

1. That's old - I seen that image back in the spring.

2. It's photoshopped. Look at the lettering on the hi-vis.

Not quite a Covid Marshall but a security guard pulled me up in my local supermarket as I was wearing a bandana. I said it was a face covering and he said it needed to be a mask. This was as I looked around and seen the walking braindead in the shop have them around their chins and not wear them properly. I didn't want to argue and he did offer me a mask so I complied. But ever since I've gone in I still wear a bandana but now with a mask underneath just hoping he's there again so I can zing him but to no avail so far. 

• Paid Members

My 6yo son came down with a runny nose and sore throat last last night - by this morning he’d woken with a shit of a cough and slight temperature.

Now without wishing to sound blasé, I’m as certain as I can be that it’s just a nasty cold - first week back at school after 19odd weeks away etc, but you know, rules is rules.

Had a look online and found one of our local media outlets listing three mobile testing stations in our area, albeit only one open today, plus the permanent drive through one which has been open from the start.

Logged on and completed the application/booking form and am told there are no sites available, not no slots, no sites.  Now I know that’s bollocks, but thought maybe they’d classed it as a drive through, not a walk through, changed filter and BAM...no testing sites available!!

So after persevering for a bit, I take the suggested action which is to call 119.

After an hour on hold, I get through to a lady who takes all my information, punches it into the system, and finally, she confirms for me...there are no test sites available.  Because they are using the same fucking website we do!!

Her only advice was “we do get occasional bookings, so please keep refreshing throughout the day to see if anything comes up”  suffice to say it’s now 6:30pm and there’s been precisely fuck all change all day.

Now, after Christ knows how long stuck in the house together, and finally reaching the glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel, we look set to be stuck at home for another fortnight because we can’t get a test to disprove it, and you know full well I’ll be told to get fucked if I turn up at the school gates on Monday with a hocking, spluttering child in tow.

Give me fucking STRENGTH!

CB5AFA80-05BD-4519-8764-26B6007A18CA.jpeg

792377E0-972D-4D9E-9E7F-5239397EDD55.png

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I've heard anecdotally in some areas that if you just rock up they'll be able to test you and have time and capacity, but it's an IT issue with the booking systems. I don't know myself but if you're desperate it may be worth a drive around....

That’s what the same media outlet were reporting, but 119 were insistent you wouldn’t be seen without an appointment, so it was flip of a coin, you know?  If he doesn’t got the Rona, so I really want to spend the day in the vicinity of a load of other people who think they might!  It’s dilemma after dilemma.

My eldest had a sore throat so we kept her off Thursday, and Friday she started with a very mild cold. She's already miles better, no other symptoms. What's the deal now? If you're 99% sure it was just a cold, can you send them back in? 

Edited by hallicks

1 minute ago, hallicks said:

My eldest had a sore throat so we kept her off Thursday, and Friday she started with a very mild cold. She's already miles better, no other symptoms. What's the deal now? If you're 99% sure it was just a cold, can you send them back in? 

Well, we kept our two off for two days, only one ill though. By the third day (going back day), they had zero symptoms (probably just a cold) so we sent them back in. Teachers asked if they had any symptoms at the gates, I said no and off they went. 

The same day one kid in youngest's class went home, another was turned away at the gates as she was ill. Teachers are being absolutely brilliant to be fair.

10 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Well, we kept our two off for two days, only one ill though. By the third day (going back day), they had zero symptoms (probably just a cold) so we sent them back in. Teachers asked if they had any symptoms at the gates, I said no and off they went. 

The same day one kid in youngest's class went home, another was turned away at the gates as she was ill. Teachers are being absolutely brilliant to be fair.

Cool, thank you.