Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

Well, that was a fucking disaster.

Putting aside the rights and wrongs of his situation, surely no professional media person could possibly have thought that this was a good idea?  The man reeked of insincere arrogance, almost sociopathic lack of empathy, and guileless conceit.  

Now the story is "Cummings thinks he's better than you" rather than "man broke lockdown".  

He absolutely, genuinely thinks that he did nothing wrong, because a lawerly interpretation of the rules has given him enough wriggle room to justify his actions to himself.  The idea that he might be wrong, and absolutely everyone else right, is simply not something he can countenance.  You could see when challenged, this just isn't a possibility that exists for him.  If he thinks it, therefore it is correct.

He seemed genuinely bewildered that people weren't just accepting that he is always justified in his actions, he was unable to compare his situation with others, and generally seemed like a man who's annoyed to have to explain himself to the proles.

Why, why, why would you put him out in front of the press and the voting public like that?

My only conclusion is that HE thought this was a good idea, and there is not a single soul in the government who can stop him from doing what he wants, or override him, and that really IS scary.

• Paid Members

The arrogance really is incredible.

He's admitted all the allegations against him, including the ones that the Government has denied - which means that THEY lied -  Yet he's still insisting he did nothing wrong and MPs are still fucking defending him. You just know that the Tweets saying "That was a reasonable explanation" and "We need to move on" were pre-prepared and would've been tweeted even if he'd just said "I don't answer to you fucking plebs. Fuck you". Which, honestly, would've been far less insulting than "I drove 30 miles to test my eyesight" and "Why would I bother some neighbour when my niece has offered?" - because she's 260 miles away and it's illegal to travel you absolute dickhead!!

I can't believe he had the balls to attack the media for covering the story as well. "It's not my fault that my behaviour sets a bad example! It's yours for telling people about it!" Just unbelievable arrogance.

• Paid Members

What's the point. As expected, he's completely got away with it and No 10 are happy to sweep this under the carpet quite simply because they all haven't got a clue how to run this country without having Cummings tell them precisely what to do and when.

Is he even more influential and powerful than Alistair Campbell ever was? It's got to be close. Those more knowledgeable on politics, have there been any other senior advisors that have wielded as much power and influence as he has/does?