Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members
On 5/26/2020 at 6:22 PM, jazzygeofferz said:

https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/news/full-list-of-mps-who-voted-to-lower-our-food-standards-during-the-covid-pandemic/26/05/

Look what's happened while Dominic Cummings has been dragged through the media. What an odd coincidence. 

Going to be some craic seeing the DUP explain their reasons for voting "aye" to much of their farming-based supporters. A lot of them would likely voted leave either because (a) they felt EU based agriculture regulations were burdensome on them, or (b) because the DUP said so - but I seriously doubt many of them voted for cheap hormone-pumped and chlorine washed shite coming into the UK to render them quickly into bankruptcy.

• Paid Members

Can we have a, “LinkedIn updates that blow your mind” thread? I know LinkedIn is full of business people spouting bollocks to make themselves look good any way, but an absolute nugget-of-a-connection has just posted this:

Does anyone know how I could get tickets or whatever is required to do the tour at the Mclaren Technology Centre in woking? I've been wanting to go for years but not sure how or where I can go to, to attend.

Like, c’mon, mate. We’re in lockdown because of a global pandemic. They’re not going to be conducting tours and let you have a little walk around. And it would involve a Cummings-esque trip of almost 300 miles that definitely isn’t going to count as “essential travel”.

Edited by Your Fight Site

1 hour ago, Your Fight Site said:

Can we have a, “LinkedIn updates that blow your mind” thread? I know LinkedIn is full of business people spouting bollocks to make themselves look good any way, but an absolute nugget-of-a-connection has just posted this:

Like, c’mon, mate. We’re in lockdown because of a global pandemic. They’re not going to be conducting tours and let you have a little walk around. And it would involve a Cummins-esque trip of almost 300 miles that definitely isn’t going to count as “essential travel”.

Will probably go next Monday when 'Showrooms' are back open again, technicalities and all. 

8 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Give the curtain twitching a rest!

Ive just walked past to get a chippy tea with the eldest! #UKFFYouth

Edit: Forgot about the "curtain twitching" update. That neighbour had two other households to stay last week. 😬

Edited by SuperBacon
Neighbours, everybody needs good neighbours.

• Paid Members

Deaths are up from weeks previous.

More importantly new cases are up, hidden in the 'more tests' so they don't matter bracket.

I don't know why Johnson doesn't get everyone to line up to lick the tongue of a Covid carrier to just get everyone to get it.

You know for a fact they're going to brag about lowering the unemployment rate in a year or so, as well as a dip in the housing crisis.

When the UK has to go back into Lockdown and the other European countries don't, what then? Are the cunts still going to tell us we're ahead of it and the cunts that follow them with their Union Jacks in their bio, going to defend them again? 

We're on the same level of deaths as we were GOING into Lockdown. Is it some sort of herd immunity masterplan lead by a capitalist death cult? That would somehow give me comfort that they're evil bastards who know what they're doing. Instead they're just a cabal of useless populist cunts who lie and lie, unable to even contemplate that they are wrong or that they should listen to others. A cabinet as bad as we have ever had in this country. I'm fucking fed up of it all and hugely angry. 

• Paid Members

Pitcos is right, people have complained that it's been clear as mud from the start. I thought it was fairly obvious what they wanted but there was no clear guidance. 

Even now they're running TV ads that amount to DON'T LEAVE THE HOUSE with their stay alert message while giving the impression that it's all over.