Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Loki said:

Also, re: proof, the Mirror has photos.  That's the knockout blow, coming I presume on Monday morning if he's not resigned by then.

That an assumption or are they doing the rounds?

A bit random, but it was recently reported that some Romanian workers, employed in German slaughterhouses were allegedly at the centre of an outbreak. Within a day or two, our government / collection of misfits and cretins announced that there would be no quarantine for seasonal workers coming to the U.K for harvesting etc. A few more cases won't make much difference I guess. That seems to have been the rhetoric thus far, in response to potential cases entering Britain. Though of course, we shortly have rules coming into effect, from a totally fucking random date, with limited chances of enforcement & disregarding any potential inconvenient truths, as long as they be picking that fruit. Impeccable work once again. Flawless.

• Paid Members
44 minutes ago, Loki said:

1-2 punch. Great journalism, a hell of a story if I'm still allowed to say that.

Of course you can. But do you mean it as reference to what a great, well written piece of journalism. Or the story itself is “a hell of a story”. 

It struck me a couple of days ago that Starmer was supposed to be included in the COVID-19 meetings, scientific briefings and so on. For once, some level of co-operation across parties, at a time when it couldn't be more important. In that position you should be working 48 hours a day and liking it, regardless of political differences. If Starmer is involved, it's about time he spoke and if he isn't involved, has he already explained why not? 282 Britains (probably more) lost their lives in the past 24 hours and Dominic Cummings, his cummings and goings makes the headline of the day. Depressing stuff. In more stupid news, a group of photographers nearly falling over each other (no social distancing) trying to grab photo's of the aforementioned, outside his home. They then sell their grubby little snaps to newspapers, busily faux angering about Cummings and his alleged non-compliance. Hypocrites every frigging direction you look.

• Paid Members
10 hours ago, KingofSports said:

his cummings and goings makes the headline of the day

And it absolutely should. I think some are under-stating the magnitude of this story. It completely throws everything the government have been banging their fists at us norms into doing into disrepute.

I wonder if they’ll go the Donald Trump route of just overshadowing it with another scandal, then another and another until all scandals are diluted and it becomes a source of humour more than outrage. What a time to be alive.

2 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

I wonder if they’ll go the Donald Trump route of just overshadowing it with another scandal, then another and another until all scandals are diluted and it becomes a source of humour more than outrage. What a time to be alive.

This.  

But once you step down that road there’s no coming back.  You then have to defend every member of the cabal for every shitty deed.  And you destroy all credibility and all ability to criticise others for misdeeds.