Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

6 minutes ago, MPDTT said:

When I was an HR Manager for one of the big 4 supermarkets, I had an USDAW union rep work really well with me - it is very much possible for both functions to do good work together and not fall into the 'us and them' mindset - resolving matters informally before they materialise into formal grievances and disciplinary hearings. I've also found union reps much more pragmatic when dealing with collective consultations - far more simplistic that electing employee representatives. I've also fired a union rep for theft, who had spent the previous year actively trying to be a thorn in the side of the business. Like all functions - there will always be the good and the bad. 

Was it Morrissey uniting shoplifters worldwide?

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, gmoney said:

I've been saying for ages the snooker should be able to come back. The referee already wears gloves for a start. 

And it will if anything make people want to stay in there house caressing there balls.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, MPDTT said:

But isn't it true that as as soon as a downturn kicks in, generally consultants are the first to go and the bottom drops out of he market? One of the easiest ways for organisations to cut costs is to remove consultants. However, I guess that's part and parcel of being a consultant and when things are going well, there are loads of benefits. 

It also bounces back remarkably quickly; much quicker than the permanent job market when that takes a hit.

15 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

It also bounces back remarkably quickly; much quicker than the permanent job market when that takes a hit.

Everyone that did temp placements that I've worked with absolutely raked it in. It is incredibly lucrative.

Even more so now.

I’m not one for conspiracy theories, but how are Stephen Kinnock, Catherine Calderwood, Durham, Mary Wakefield (his fucking wife) and Professor Ferguson all trending on Twitter, yet, in Scotland at least, the exact phrase ‘Dominic Cummings’ is not? I noticed this last night but put it down to the story having only just broke. 

Edited by RedRooster

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, MPDTT said:

When I was an HR Manager for one of the big 4 supermarkets,

Which ones, having worked with a couple of them I'm wondering if we've ever crossed paths. 

Off topic but what constitutes the big 4 now that last spots contested? 

12 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Orchestration to drown out Dom's story.  Classic Dom.

Yet #DominicGoings and ‘Classic Dom’ are both trending? Nah, it’s can’t be that. You’d think ‘Cummings’ would appear in the top 30 Twitter trends at very least.

Interesting to see high profile right wing journalists defend him, many of whom quite vocally called for Catherine Calderwood and Neil Ferguson to go.

He didn’t even appear in the BBC News at Ten’s headlines last night, which is absolutely baffling given how they treated the Catherine Calderwood story (I can’t remember how they treated Ferguson) 

Clearly he’s going to get away with this. If it were PM Jeremy Corbyn or PM Keir Starmer’s advisor I suspect this would not be the case.

Edited by RedRooster

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, RedRooster said:

I’m not one for conspiracy theories, but how are Stephen Kinnock, Catherine Calderwood, Durham, Mary Wakefield (his fucking wife) and Professor Ferguson all trending on Twitter, yet, in Scotland at least, the exact phrase ‘Dominic Cummings’ is not? I noticed this last night but put it down to the story having only just broke. 

It's the same reason Scunthorpe will never trend, apparently. Because Dominic has ejaculation within his surname.

I'm getting more and more pissed off about this Cummings story. My wife is dying to go and see her parents, who live just under 2 hours away from us- but she can't. So why can he? It's fucking bullshit. 10 Downing Street are trying to tough this out according to their chief propaganda reporter Kuenssberg, which is no surprise from them. Pack of cunts.

1 minute ago, PunkStep said:

It's the same reason Scunthorpe will never trend, apparently. Because Dominic has ejaculation within his surname.

I'm getting more and more pissed off about this Cummings story. My wife is dying to go and see her parents, who live just under 2 hours away from us- but she can't. So why can he? It's fucking bullshit. 10 Downing Street are trying to tough this out according to their chief propaganda reporter Kuenssberg, which is no surprise from them. Pack of cunts.

Ah, that makes sense. 

I generally think Laura K gets an unfairly hard time but her approach to this story, at least initially, has been a little strange. She appeared to rebuff the person who broke the story’s tweet by replying with something that very much read like spin, quoting an anonymous ‘source’ which feels rather inappropriate in this circumstance. 

1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

She spins more than Malcom Tucker on the fucking waltzer.

I honestly think it’s her trying to keep a completely neutral tone and not cast judgement, which is hugely problematic with the current government as it gives lies the same value as the truth. It ends up making the bullshit they spout seem credible. 

Edited by RedRooster