Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

27 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

So it could be in reference to what a great, well written piece of journalism. Or the story itself is “a hell of a story”. I think you’re the only person to think it’s the first option.

You’re splitting hairs a little here. My point was that she didn’t editorialise in that tweet when it comes to Ferguson’s actions and that stands.

It’s pretty clear Cummings is a key source of hers though.

Edited by RedRooster

50 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Well Dan Hodges is an absolute tosser.

What makes it worse is that his mum was ace as an MP, didn't hold back when Thatcher died and the House was gushing with praise about her. 

• Paid Members

Looks like people have known for a while. I’m absolutely shocked, and I know they are Tories, but the justifications to protect him have been demoralising and disgusting, and I fear this will change nothing. We should be holding them to task, it’s just one thing after another 

14 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Looks like people have known for a while. I’m absolutely shocked, and I know they are Tories, but the justifications to protect him have been demoralising and disgusting, and I fear this will change nothing. We should be holding them to task, it’s just one thing after another 

The entire thing stinks. All of the ministers that have backed him are publicly accusing the popo of lying, are condoning his behaviour by saying he’s putting family first, I don’t necessarily have a problem with that if the guidance was the same for everyone in the country. I see the guardian and mirror have got witnesses saying not only was he in Durham when he shouldn’t have been (a second time, after he was back in London working again) he actually went to another town 30 miles away. It really fucking stinks, I don’t see how any form of lockdown can be policed. 

Edited by Rapey Eyes
Messed up

• Paid Members

An absolute cunt. If frustrates the fuck out of me that they’re literally living by their own rules whilst enforcing different rules on an entire nation, and there’s no fucking recourse for it. All they do is go, “Well, he was concerned about his family? Wouldn’t you be?” and nothing will come of it.

Edited by Your Fight Site

4 hours ago, The King Of Swing said:

Even if he's sacked/resigns he'll still no doubt have a direct line to Johnson who is lost without him.

Cunts.

Sums it up well. Another shitstorm in a teacup. Soon to be forgotten...and that doesn't mean I have sympathy for him, or any other Tory bastard.

Edited by KingofSports
inserted word 'Tory'

• Paid Members

Fairplay to The Guardian and The Mirror for waiting for the Tory cunts to throw Grant Shapps to the wolves and for the cabinet to send out their weak justification tweets before breaking the story that the nasty little egg had another cross-country trip later on.

There's no way he should be kept in his job after this. NO way. As KingofSwing says though, he'll still have a direct line to Johnson.

1 hour ago, PunkStep said:

Fairplay to The Guardian and The Mirror for waiting for the Tory cunts to throw Grant Shapps to the wolves and for the cabinet to send out their weak justification tweets before breaking the story that the nasty little egg had another cross-country trip later on.

There's no way he should be kept in his job after this. NO way. As KingofSwing says though, he'll still have a direct line to Johnson.

Given the absolute lack of morals Cummings has and the amount of control he has in Number 10 (he managed to force out the last Chancellor, he’s that powerful) I honestly just think he’ll call it fake news and plough on. Parliament is on recess this week, and they’ll hope that the story will have fizzled out to some degree by the time they return, or they’ll try and overshadow it.

I hope I’m wrong.

EDIT: Nope, that’s exactly what they’ve done.

I hope the two papers released this story early in the hope of getting this response, because they actually have hard evidence they’ll reveal in print that he can’t deny.

Edited by RedRooster

3 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

1-2 punch. Great journalism, a hell of a story if I'm still allowed to say that.

Also, re: proof, the Mirror has photos.  That's the knockout blow, coming I presume on Monday morning if he's not resigned by then.