RedRooster Posted May 23, 2020 Posted May 23, 2020 (edited) 27 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said: So it could be in reference to what a great, well written piece of journalism. Or the story itself is “a hell of a story”. I think you’re the only person to think it’s the first option. You’re splitting hairs a little here. My point was that she didn’t editorialise in that tweet when it comes to Ferguson’s actions and that stands. It’s pretty clear Cummings is a key source of hers though. Edited May 23, 2020 by RedRooster Quote
Keith Houchen Posted May 23, 2020 Posted May 23, 2020 50 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said: Well Dan Hodges is an absolute tosser. What makes it worse is that his mum was ace as an MP, didn't hold back when Thatcher died and the House was gushing with praise about her. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted May 23, 2020 Members Posted May 23, 2020 His Mum is Glenda Jackson???? Fucking hell. He's a bit old to be having his Kevin Teenager phase isn't he? Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted May 23, 2020 Paid Members Posted May 23, 2020 Looks like people have known for a while. I’m absolutely shocked, and I know they are Tories, but the justifications to protect him have been demoralising and disgusting, and I fear this will change nothing. We should be holding them to task, it’s just one thing after another Quote
stewdogg Posted May 23, 2020 Posted May 23, 2020 (edited) 14 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said: Looks like people have known for a while. I’m absolutely shocked, and I know they are Tories, but the justifications to protect him have been demoralising and disgusting, and I fear this will change nothing. We should be holding them to task, it’s just one thing after another The entire thing stinks. All of the ministers that have backed him are publicly accusing the popo of lying, are condoning his behaviour by saying he’s putting family first, I don’t necessarily have a problem with that if the guidance was the same for everyone in the country. I see the guardian and mirror have got witnesses saying not only was he in Durham when he shouldn’t have been (a second time, after he was back in London working again) he actually went to another town 30 miles away. It really fucking stinks, I don’t see how any form of lockdown can be policed. Edited May 23, 2020 by Rapey Eyes Messed up Quote
The King Of Swing Posted May 23, 2020 Posted May 23, 2020 Even if he's sacked/resigns he'll still no doubt have a direct line to Johnson who is lost without him. Cunts. Quote
Keith Houchen Posted May 23, 2020 Posted May 23, 2020 Yeah, it was pretty decent of the Guardian to wait for everyone to have made their statements before releasing this. Good arrows https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/23/new-witnesses-cast-doubt-on-dominic-cummingss-lockdown-claims?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_News_Feed&fbclid=IwAR2iPWaYk0xxzXxjWL5b_3K7oVzlJl7m8qn3lhRbr4VSCuggZSfPUDCmUsY Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted May 23, 2020 Paid Members Posted May 23, 2020 With the reports now of a second trip, there is no excuse for him not to be sacked. They can’t possibly justify a 2nd trip Quote
Paid Members Your Fight Site Posted May 23, 2020 Paid Members Posted May 23, 2020 (edited) An absolute cunt. If frustrates the fuck out of me that they’re literally living by their own rules whilst enforcing different rules on an entire nation, and there’s no fucking recourse for it. All they do is go, “Well, he was concerned about his family? Wouldn’t you be?” and nothing will come of it. Edited May 23, 2020 by Your Fight Site Quote
KingofSports Posted May 23, 2020 Posted May 23, 2020 (edited) 4 hours ago, The King Of Swing said: Even if he's sacked/resigns he'll still no doubt have a direct line to Johnson who is lost without him. Cunts. Sums it up well. Another shitstorm in a teacup. Soon to be forgotten...and that doesn't mean I have sympathy for him, or any other Tory bastard. Edited May 23, 2020 by KingofSports inserted word 'Tory' Quote
Paid Members PunkStep Posted May 23, 2020 Paid Members Posted May 23, 2020 Fairplay to The Guardian and The Mirror for waiting for the Tory cunts to throw Grant Shapps to the wolves and for the cabinet to send out their weak justification tweets before breaking the story that the nasty little egg had another cross-country trip later on. There's no way he should be kept in his job after this. NO way. As KingofSwing says though, he'll still have a direct line to Johnson. Quote
RedRooster Posted May 23, 2020 Posted May 23, 2020 (edited) 1 hour ago, PunkStep said: Fairplay to The Guardian and The Mirror for waiting for the Tory cunts to throw Grant Shapps to the wolves and for the cabinet to send out their weak justification tweets before breaking the story that the nasty little egg had another cross-country trip later on. There's no way he should be kept in his job after this. NO way. As KingofSwing says though, he'll still have a direct line to Johnson. Given the absolute lack of morals Cummings has and the amount of control he has in Number 10 (he managed to force out the last Chancellor, he’s that powerful) I honestly just think he’ll call it fake news and plough on. Parliament is on recess this week, and they’ll hope that the story will have fizzled out to some degree by the time they return, or they’ll try and overshadow it. I hope I’m wrong. EDIT: Nope, that’s exactly what they’ve done. I hope the two papers released this story early in the hope of getting this response, because they actually have hard evidence they’ll reveal in print that he can’t deny. Edited May 23, 2020 by RedRooster Quote
Loki Posted May 23, 2020 Author Posted May 23, 2020 3 hours ago, Keith Houchen said: Yeah, it was pretty decent of the Guardian to wait for everyone to have made their statements before releasing this. Good arrows https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/23/new-witnesses-cast-doubt-on-dominic-cummingss-lockdown-claims?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_News_Feed&fbclid=IwAR2iPWaYk0xxzXxjWL5b_3K7oVzlJl7m8qn3lhRbr4VSCuggZSfPUDCmUsY 1-2 punch. Great journalism, a hell of a story if I'm still allowed to say that. Quote
Loki Posted May 23, 2020 Author Posted May 23, 2020 Also, re: proof, the Mirror has photos. That's the knockout blow, coming I presume on Monday morning if he's not resigned by then. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.