Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

So we're all shit fathers for staying in?

Johnson getting battered by the jounos and him trying to cut them off Trump style was jaw dropping.

Instinct beats rules?

This is an absolute shower of shit. Fuck the lot of the Tory cunts. When we live in a pandemic which means that a 13 year old is buried with no family present but the PMs unelected aide can do whatever he likes, it really shows how far we've fallen.

What a mess.

• Paid Members
21 minutes ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

How does Captain Dumbass expect the country to take him and his guidelines in any way seriously now after this. The man has got no bollocks to run this country

They don't care, as long as people are "staying alert". If this had broken when it happened in April it would have potentially been a completely different story. 

is there a word for being utterly shocked and not in the least bit surprised? That press conference was horrendous. A PM going all out to protect a fucking political aide. 

On a side note, I don't live too far from Cummings. I was once in a Costa and he was with Gove in front of me. They didn't speak the whole time and Cummings ordered and paid for both of them. I think about that a lot these days

4 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Is it you outside his house heckling him right now?  If so, remind me to buy you a drink sometime.  Possibly a Costa coffee, it doesn't have to be alcoholic.

Alas no, unlike him I'm adhering to staying at home to protect lives.

5 hours ago, Loki said:

This.  

But once you step down that road there’s no coming back.  You then have to defend every member of the cabal for every shitty deed.  And you destroy all credibility and all ability to criticise others for misdeeds.

Honestly, I fully expect them to throw one of their own under the bus. They have a big enough majority to be able to sacrifice one of the rebels without it actually mattering too much. The pro-Cummings press (which seems to consist of The Sun alone at this point) would make a big deal out of it, and that might be enough to move the conversation on to some degree, particularly if there’s no ammo left to fire at Cummings by The Mirror/Guardian.

If he doesn’t go, I’m terrified of what might happen next. A no deal Brexit where food supplies are seriously disrupted, more jobs are lost and, even worse, more lives are lost? With Johnson and his supporters blaming the situation on coronavirus fallout, saying it’s unavoidable. All as his friends get rich by betting against the pound?

When your own government doesn’t give a shit, anything feels possible. And I use ‘anything’ in the narrowest possible way, where all the consequences are bad.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

There we go then everyone, Dominic Cummings was “following his instincts”

If his instincts tell him to put people's lives at risk, then he really, really is the wrong man for the job.

Are we competing with Trump for being the laughing stock of the fucking world?

I have had enough of all this bullshit and Dominic Cummings is just another added to the list, but lets not pretend he is the only one doing this, people up and down the nation aren't social distancing, going for ice creams on the beach and visiting family/friends so its a bigger problem than just him, if anything it just goes to show that either no one gives a fuck about the rules in place or they don't understand them which I think is the biggest issue here.

3 minutes ago, Briefcase said:

I have had enough of all this bullshit and Dominic Cummings is just another added to the list, but lets not pretend he is the only one doing this, people up and down the nation aren't social distancing, going for ice creams on the beach and visiting family/friends so its a bigger problem than just him, if anything it just goes to show that either no one gives a fuck about the rules in place or they don't understand them which I think is the biggest issue here.

No, that's not the biggest issue here because the government isn't justifying Sharon from number 23 popping round her neighbours are they?

They're blatantly saying it's one rule for the plebs, another for them and their ilk.

• Paid Members

Crazy thought. What if this story is a way to encourage people to say screw the lockdown and lead to the 2nd wave/heard immunity he wanted in the first place which is why Boris Johnson  has stuck by him?

Edited by Hannibal Scorch
Predictive text