Covid-19 Megathread

Loki

• Paid Members
9 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Peter fucking Bone of all people raised the issue that we have a parliamentary democracy and not a presidential democracy.

He is a horrible right wing cunt but all I can here when I see or hear the name Mr Peter Bone, all I hear in my head is Bercow saying his name. Hearing this didn't help either. 

• Paid Members

@RedRooster please explain the difference between a member of the sage committee meetings going to visit someone and another member of the sage committee meetings meeting someone. And then as a follow up, why did the journalist reporting both defend one and condemn the other.

Same, Lion. Playing Forza and always have the classical station on. Whenever that comes on that’s all I sing. 
Speaking of consistent journalism. We now go to walking forehead Brendan O’Neill. 

21 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

@RedRooster please explain the difference between a member of the sage committee meetings going to visit someone and another member of the sage committee meetings meeting someone. And then as a follow up, why did the journalist reporting both defend one and condemn the other.

She didn’t ‘condemn’ Neil Ferguson. She praised the quality of the story. 

37 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Which SAGE committee member did she defend? I missed that. 

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

She didn’t ‘condemn’ Neil Ferguson. She praised the quality of the story. 

From her one sentence tweet that’s what you took from that. That she was praising great journalism. Also we could play a fun game thanks to @Factotum. Cummings or vampire? I’ll start you off 

image.thumb.jpeg.d093e9f750b66c0e186a9c2788aaa1d7.jpeg

42 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

From her one sentence tweet that’s what you took from that. That she was praising great journalism. 

She literally said ‘that’s a hell of a story’. That’s quite clearly saying it was a great story, not condemning Ferguson. To say otherwise is simply reading what you want to into it.

Anyway, this story is about Cummings and the focus should be on him. And Grant Shapps. That was one trainwreck of a briefing.

• Paid Members
42 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Ah right. Yeah he isn’t on the committee. 

It was more a reference to this http://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/26/attendees-of-sage-coronavirus-meetings-worried-by-presence-of-dominic-cummings

1 minute ago, RedRooster said:

She literally said ‘that’s a hell of a story’. That’s quite clearly saying it was a great story, not condemning Ferguson. To say otherwise is simply reading what you want to into it.

Anyway, this story is about Cummings and the focus should be on him. And Grant Shapps. That was one trainwreck of a briefing.

So it could be in reference to what a great, well written piece of journalism. Or the story itself is “a hell of a story”. I think you’re the only person to think it’s the first option.

But I’ll agree with you. The daily update today was hilariously awful 

1 minute ago, Hannibal Scorch said:
49 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

It was more a reference to this

I thought it was. He may have been sat in a corner glaring and steering the advice but he isn’t on the committee 

• Paid Members

Well Dan Hodges is an absolute tosser. Just giving his opinion on BBC News shouting over his fellow contributor and justifying what Cummings did as being common sense. Heard of him but never seen him before.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch