Paid Members tiger_rick Posted June 18, 2020 Paid Members Posted June 18, 2020 1 minute ago, gmoney said: I was supposed to meet her! You've had 103 years, should have got a move on.
Members SuperBacon Posted June 19, 2020 Members Posted June 19, 2020 https://www.theguardian.com/film/2020/jun/19/ian-holm-dies-alien-chariots-of-fire-bilbo-baggins Ian Holm, aged 88. RIP Bilbo.
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted June 19, 2020 Awards Moderator Posted June 19, 2020 Very sad news about Ian Holm - he was great in many things, but it’s Bilbo in Lord of the Rings that I’ll always associate him with. Perfect performance. RIP.
cobra_gordo Posted June 19, 2020 Posted June 19, 2020 Shit, that one stings. Bilbo and Ash in Alien are obviously two roles he's going to be really remembered for but he's fantastic as Cornelius in The Fifth Element.
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted June 19, 2020 Paid Members Posted June 19, 2020 So many great performances in a truly great career that I hope he was proud of and happy with.
Paid Members chokeout Posted June 19, 2020 Paid Members Posted June 19, 2020 A fantastic, classically trained actor that could try anything. He'll always be Pod from the Borrowers though
Joe Blog Posted June 19, 2020 Posted June 19, 2020 Lord of The Rings is perhaps my favourite ever bit of literature and I adore the films. Ian Holm was a fantastic actor, saddened by this one.
Keith Houchen Posted June 19, 2020 Posted June 19, 2020 35 minutes ago, Joe Blog said: Lord of The Rings is perhaps my favourite ever bit of literature and I adore the films. Ian Holm was a fantastic actor, saddened by this one. Have you listened to the BBC radio adaptation from the early 80s where he plays Frodo?
lanky316 Posted June 19, 2020 Posted June 19, 2020 A perfect organism. I always admired his roles and brought so much character to anything he was in. Such a great list of roles, including some I'd forgotten about.
Joe Blog Posted June 19, 2020 Posted June 19, 2020 33 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said: Have you listened to the BBC radio adaptation from the early 80s where he plays Frodo? I have not, will be looking that up later. Thank you mate.
Pogue Posted June 19, 2020 Posted June 19, 2020 Always used to say Sam Lowry in his voice at school, sadly no one else had seen Brazil so I just looked like a knob Great actor, remember seeing him in one of Dennis Potter's teleplays and he was phenomenal
Awards Moderator Frankie Crisp Posted June 19, 2020 Awards Moderator Posted June 19, 2020 Not to derail the thread, but if you like Dennis Potter, Lipstick on Your Collar is on All4. Watched it the other week and it was a great as it was melancholic.
Paid Members Surf Digby Posted June 20, 2020 Paid Members Posted June 20, 2020 22 minutes ago, Frankie Crisp said: Not to derail the thread, but if you like Dennis Potter, Lipstick on Your Collar is on All4. Watched it the other week and it was a great as it was melancholic. Not seen it since it was broadcast, and I still can't say Sylvia without adopting that lad's accent.
Paid Members Thunderplex Posted June 22, 2020 Paid Members Posted June 22, 2020 RIP Joel Schumacher. Excellent director apart from the Bat-Nipples incident.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.