2020 Celebrity Death Thread

seph

• Paid Members

I love flamboyant characters who live their gimmicks for years, terrible day for those types. R.I.P.

Sad to hear about Roy, was a big fan of magic as a kid and wrote to Siegfried and Roy, they sent me this pic which was nice of them and a big deal to me at the time. I was such a fan I even didn't find it funny when his tiger attacked him that time.

20200509_152227_copy_965x617.jpg

Edited by Bellenda Carlisle

Uptown Records founder Andre Harrell (59) died on May 8, due to heart failure.

Uptown launched the careers of Mary J.Blige, Jodeci, priducer Teddy Riley and his group Guy, hip-hop icon Heavy D & The Boyz among others.

He also discovered Sean "Puffy" Combs, who worked as an intern at Uptown before starting his music career.

37 minutes ago, Marc Ambush Solo said:

Uptown Records founder Andre Harrell (59) died on May 8, due to heart failure.

Uptown launched the careers of Mary J.Blige, Jodeci, priducer Teddy Riley and his group Guy, hip-hop icon Heavy D & The Boyz among others.

He also discovered Sean "Puffy" Combs, who worked as an intern at Uptown before starting his music career.

So nearly a perfect career.

Jokes aside, as Chest said, what a legacy he leaves.

That's genuinely upset me. Someone I loved in everything he was in, regardless of whether the rest of the show/ film was garbage. He's the best thing about King of Queens but it's his work alongside his son in Heartbreak Kid and Zoolander that genuinely makes my heart burst. Gutted.

• Moderators

Ahhh fuck. That sucks so hard. If you have never seen it I recommend tracking down a little mockumentary called "The Independent" that he starred in. I picked it up for £3 in Fopp about 15 years ago and it is now one of the very small handful of dvds I own having gone digital for the most part.

serenity now episode GIF

Edited by Chest Rockwell

3 hours ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Fuck.

That’s shit. I’ve never seen Seinfeld and only seen the odd bit of King of Queens when I was still living at home when my mum watched it, but I’d become more familiar with his and Anne Meara’s work While covering her appearance on Oz for the podcast. 92 is an excellent innings though

3 hours ago, gmoney said:

He was one of the best things in Seinfeld, a show full of very funny things. 

So funny in it. When Frank let's off steam, it's one of the best things about the show.

What makes him so wonderful is that he made everything seem so natural and flowing but everything about the delivery was so deliberate, without seeming deliberate. If that makes sense?

This is so good. From the withering look at George's Mum to the line "You can look for sneakers the NEXT DAY!"