2020 Celebrity Death Thread

seph

• Paid Members

Sad about Michael Angelis. The first Thomas episodes I can vividly remember as a kid were the series' with his voice. I love Ringo and he was superb, but over the years I really came to appreciate Angelis' work on it and the new energy he kept bringing to the characters etc. So much of what I learned as a kid about shapes, numbers, words etc came from his storytelling. I'm still quite fond of Thomas and trains in general today mainly because of how he brought it to life. By all accounts an absolutely sound fellow as well. 

• Paid Members
22 hours ago, DCW said:

Ah that's brutal. Ted Roach was a great character, up there with Burnside and Bob Cryer. Glad they put The Bill out of it's misery when they did, it had basically turned into Hollyoaks with uniforms by the end.

Ted Roach is probably my all time favourite character. I've been on a binge all year of old Bill episodes on YouTube and I loved that man. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Bellenda Carlisle said:

Another legendary name from comics gone; writer Denny O'neil. His 80s run on the Question is one of my all time favourites.

Oh shit that sucks. Legend.

It didn't sound good after yesterday's news of him being put in an induced coma, still awful to see that he's now passed away.  Instantly recognisable for anyone who was around in the 1980s boom period and one of the few BBC Snooker commentator's who I enjoyed listening to and who never turned into a parody (Virgo, Taylor).

RIP "Mr Maximum"

Willie-Thorne-dead-How-did-Willie-Thorne

Edited by Magnum Milano

I remember the first time I watched WWE at Sheffield Arena in 1993 I was sat a few rows away from the instantly recognisable Willie Thorne.

Then when I went to see WWE there again the following year I saw Willie queueing up outside before the show.

From that point on it became a running thing each time my friends and/or I went to a WWE show at Sheffield.

I think the most recent sighting was 2011 or 2012, so as well as him being a universally liked bloke for many reasons (based on what I've read this morning) he evidently was a wrestling fan too.