2020 Celebrity Death Thread

seph

5 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Little Richard, aged 87.

That's a shame, I bloody love Little Richard, was listening to Here's Little Richard yesterday, it still sounds so good so raw, I know he was old and shouldn't have lasted as long as he did but.. he had quite the life. 

Edited by Harry Wiseau
I'll blame my phone for a typo

• Paid Members

My First Gig ever was 1995 seeing Little Richard and Chuck Berry. I've been to hundreds of gigs and I've still never seen a performer like Little Richard. Personality still a great voice he had everything. I have almost every album he ever recorded including the gospel ones after he first quit Rock n Roll. I'm stunned how raw and fresh his specialty recording still sound. RIP Richard

• Paid Members

87 is a great age, I'll bet he did quite a lot of rocking and rolling in his time as well. 

• Paid Members

I don't know if it's the same story (I can't see the replies as I don't have the Twitter app on this phone), but whenever Little Richard is mentioned, I can't help but think of the story of him and Holly sharing a woman backstage, only for Holly to be announced by the MC. 

Holly pulls out, tucks it back into his trousers and walks on stage.

According to Richard, Buddy had the biggest cock he'd ever seen.