2020 Celebrity Death Thread

seph

• Paid Members

My earliest memory of her was when they rereleased Kinky Boots with Patrick McNee in the early 90s.

• Paid Members

Jay Benedict, who was in Emmerdale (back when it had a farm) has died due to COVID19. 

More known to me for his role as Shiro Hagen in Star Fleet, and I found out only last week that he played Newt's father in Aliens.

shiro russ.jpg

6 minutes ago, johnnyboy said:

Country-Folk songwriting legend John Prine dies from Covid-19 complications.  He's essentially the guy that every artist I love grew up wanting to be.  An absolutely huge influence on what's now dubbed Americana.

https://americansongwriter.com/john-prine-dead-age-73/

He's an absolute legendary songwriter and singer. People who aren't that familiar with him should go check him out on Spotify or Youtube sometime today. Very sad news.

Devastated about the news of John Prine. Had feared the worst when he took ill last week, given his age and health conditions. 

He was an incredible songwriter, the type you don't find any more. Sits alongside the likes of Dylan, Zevon and Van Zandt for me. He will be extremely missed, not least of all by mate who is a huge fan and had a ticket to see him later this year. 

• Paid Members

I came to Prine very late on, about ten years ago, through a music group I sing in. Several of the guys there are into classic country and Americana, and Prine is one of their biggest influences, so we end up singing a lot of Prine tracks. Wonderful artist, and I really rue not having been able to discover his work sooner. 

RIP.