The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

13 minutes ago, Project Nim said:

Holy shit that pop for Hangman. Really fun opener, did they retract the stipulation that if Page and the Dark Order lost they wouldn’t get title shots?

Tony mentioned later during the 6 Man Tag about Christian being ranked #3 and that Hangman will have to relinquish his #1 ranking due to the loss, so looks like Christian will be getting a shot soon

1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Tony mentioned later during the 6 Man Tag about Christian being ranked #3 and that Hangman will have to relinquish his #1 ranking due to the loss, so looks like Christian will be getting a shot soon

Let's hope it happens on Dynamite/Rampage.

Omega vs Christian should be nowhere near the All Out card, as hoping Christian would turn and we would get him and Jungle Boy at the PPV.

That was some noise made by the crowd  for Hangman Page and the Dark Order's entrance. Anyone know how many were in attendance for the show overall?

CM Punk and Daniel Bryan are both definitely coming in? Huge news if that is the case, especially Punk after how long he has been away. 

1 hour ago, The King of Old School said:

Let's hope it happens on Dynamite/Rampage.

Omega vs Christian should be nowhere near the All Out card, as hoping Christian would turn and we would get him and Jungle Boy at the PPV.

There's five weeks till ALL OUT so I imagine they have enough time to rebuild Hangman in time for All Out.

1 hour ago, Gooner said:

That was some noise made by the crowd  for Hangman Page and the Dark Order's entrance. Anyone know how many were in attendance for the show overall?

CM Punk and Daniel Bryan are both definitely coming in? Huge news if that is the case, especially Punk after how long he has been away. 

Cage match.net has it listed as 7,000

I actually preferred Omegas team entrance. 

First full modern wrestling show i have watched in about 8 years. Other than NWA. Very impressed. 

Great to see legends like Tully Blanchard. 

It’s like how wrestling should be, colourful characters, a mix of different type of matches, nice mix of interviews and matches.

You just know if King Haku had come back on Raw you would have Cole shouting “is it him? It can’t be, it is him, oh my gawd, it.....its.....Haku.

Edited by Mr Lawrence

• Paid Members

Serena Deeb has broken her leg, which is a shame. She could have had a great match with Britt Baker at some point. 

• Paid Members

Isn’t Serena dating Marty Scurll? At least she can keep him company at home. Not like he’s got much on.

12,000 tickets already gone in the pre-sale for that Rampage show in Chicago. All based on one promo by Darby Allin. That lad’s a draw!

Also - Dave Meltzer saying he hated Gage vs. Jericho before giving it four stars is him at his most Dave Meltzer. I love it.

Edited by Supremo

One thing I noticed on a rewatch was them putting under Hikuleo’s Title that he has been wrestling with New Japan for 5 years! 

He popped up randomly in New Japan for 3 months and then they sent him to Rev Pro for what feels like the last 2 years.

14 minutes ago, Supremo said:

12,000 tickets already gone in the pre-sale for that Rampage show in Chicago. All based on one promo by Darby Allin. That lad’s a draw!

I like Darby, but let’s not get carried away. The Punk rumours were already out there, and with the announcement of running the larger arena in Chicago (which came before the promo), people have already put 2 and 2 together. The Punk news has drawn that number, they’d have sold the same number of tickets no matter who gave that promo afterwards because people want to be there for Punk’s debut.

Edited by WyattSheepMask

14 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

One thing I noticed on a rewatch was them putting under Hikuleo’s Title that he has been wrestling with New Japan for 5 years! 

He popped up randomly in New Japan for 3 months and then they sent him to Rev Pro for what feels like the last 2 years.

It's awful isn't it. Just misleading the viewers. I'd stop watching. 

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I like Darby, but let’s not get carried away. The Punk rumours were already out there, and with the announcement of running the larger arena in Chicago (which came before the promo), people have already put 2 and 2 together. The Punk news has drawn that number, they’d have sold the same number of tickets no matter who gave that promo afterwards because people want to be there for Punk’s debut.

It was a joke. Clearly a bad one!

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Thanks Meltz. Best to clamp down on that sort of frivolity, incase it leads to anything aside from sober, fact based analysis.