The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

7 minutes ago, Supremo said:
Can you even imagine how big he’s going to look next to half that roster?! 

This is exactly what I was thinking! Given how massive Wardlow and Luchasaurus look, he's going to come across as enormous. I'm genuinely intrigued by this. He's so different from what they already have on their roster that I can't help but think he'll end up being an asset. 

• Paid Members

It wasn't that long ago that Wight was trying to transition out of wrestling into acting, etc. With AEW clearly working on cross-promotion with TNT, this may be a smart move by Wight, upping the likelihood of him working on other shows. If he's more established as a commentator/talker, he's one of the more likely people involved to be poached for other things. And TNT having the 'Go Big Show' show means they can even keep aspects of the name if he takes over from Cody on there.

I'm not suggesting it should be his new name, but it would be a fun little jab for him to occasionally be referred to as 'The Go Big Show's Paul Wight'. Especially if they do want Shaq around again. After years of WWE trying to do it (and it falling through because they kept going back and forward on dates, etc), finally having 'Shaq vs The Go Big Show's Paul Wight' could be something of an attraction for casuals.

• Paid Members

You wonder if this is a sign of things to come. Everything that’s reported about working for WWE sounds like a fucking nightmare. If you didn’t know better you’d think they were actively trying to force guys to make the jump. If the money is comparable, why wouldn’t you go where you can piss about on Twitch and make that cameo side hustle?

I’m almost disappointed they announced it online though. Imagine how mad it would’ve been if he came up from under the ring or something as a complete surprise.

4 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I’m almost disappointed they announced it online though. Imagine how mad it would’ve been if he came up from under the ring or something as a complete surprise.

I’m guessing they’ve already taped the Cody/Shaq match or he’s already appeared for them and didn’t want it being leaked before hand.

• Paid Members

Read this and two things jumped out: https://411mania.com/wrestling/tony-khan-says-sting-is-cleared-to-wrestle-talks-about-when-he-had-idea-to-use-exploding-barbed-wire-match-more/

1. Why were AEW fined in Baltimore? I didn't think the Omega/Moxley match was that bad - is it a local/state ruling as to what can go out on TV?

2. The powerbomb Sting took apparently took "a lot" out of him. Doesn't bode well...

Of all the people. Always liked Show, also if he's not going to be a regular worker, you could at least finally Andre book him to appear super rarely in the ring. 

Also a skit where John Silver comes into contact with radiation and turns into Show please. 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Suplex Sinner said:

Read this and two things jumped out: https://411mania.com/wrestling/tony-khan-says-sting-is-cleared-to-wrestle-talks-about-when-he-had-idea-to-use-exploding-barbed-wire-match-more/

1. Why were AEW fined in Baltimore? I didn't think the Omega/Moxley match was that bad - is it a local/state ruling as to what can go out on TV?

2. The powerbomb Sting took apparently took "a lot" out of him. Doesn't bode well...

1. Maryland Athletic Commission has pretty strict rules on blood and stuff during wrestling events.

2. Pretty sure Tony is working on us on this.

• Paid Members

They've never been shy of working with older talent, and Big Show on commentary is pretty fresh. A wrestling match takes more than one person to work, and half the battle is having fresh opponents - there's very few people in AEW that Big Show has ever worked with before, in an environment he's never worked in before. 

It's more interesting for what it represents, though - Big Show has only worked one match outside of WWE since 1999. If he's not a WWE lifer, and is open to jumping ship, who else could make the jump?