The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members
57 minutes ago, Chris B said:

"I mean, I don't think they'll do an orgy on television. You'd have to think TNT would be against it. But who knows? It's not PG, so, like, they could, but I don't know if they'd want... but then, Edge did the live sex celebration! So who knows? Maybe on Dark, but that'd be a step down for Adam Page, so you gotta think they're planning on it for Dynamite."

Gold.

53 minutes ago, Chris B said:

If the NJPW relationship is improving, the idea of occasionally bringing in big-name talent from NWA, Impact or NJPW could be really exciting, long-term. Don't over-focus on them, but every now and then? Could be awesome, especially if they start doing more tournaments, etc over time. 

I think that's the key. If they can have relationships like those and manage them so they're beneficial to both sides then there's nothing wrong with it. But it is a tough thing to manage. Over the years Ring of Honor became far too reliant on outside talent to the point where they really failed to build their own roster up enough. And I'm not saying AEW would go down the same route but like with the NWA stuff it's just showing up their women for being pretty rubbish. And eventually they need to solidify their own division rather than just having great matches involving NWA women. There has to be an endgame to crossovers like that and you don't want to leave things in a worse state than they were before.

Its a fine line but obviously I'm not going to make any crazy judgements this early on. These things certainly have potential.

I've said before but during the Super J cup and Tag League the top guys usually aren't doing much other than tags just to have them there.

Have Okada, Jay White and Ibushi for example over for a few weeks leading to either a big show or TV special, in exchange for some juniors or tags to go to Japan for a bit (Hobbs and Cage would really benefit learning how to work like hosses).

AEW guys get to learn somewhere new and NJPW guys get exposure to the US and UK 

28 minutes ago, The Cutting Edge said:

Have Okada, Jay White and Ibushi for example over for a few weeks leading to either a big show or TV special, in exchange for some juniors or tags to go to Japan for a bit (Hobbs and Cage would really benefit learning how to work like hosses).

New Japans top stars being swapped for a bunch of lads who work mostly on Dark doesn’t sit right with me I’m afraid.

5 hours ago, Chili said:

I don't listen to Dave but i'm assuming he is absolutely baffled by BTE on a weekly basis, ya know.

Apparently he doesn't watch it, that's why he was pushing Kenny is a tweener for weeks, and why the bucks literally stared into the camera at the end of the episode and said "Kenny turned heel". 

I'm waiting for his review of the hangman skit to be him making a ridiculous comment about Anna Jays weight or appearance.... 

13 minutes ago, TildeGuy~! said:

New Japans top stars being swapped for a bunch of lads who work mostly on Dark doesn’t sit right with me I’m afraid.

Ok but who would AEW send that wouldn't be needed for big matches? Plus it's only a few guys they'd still have others to choose from, on flip side AEW guys could work Wrestlekingdom 

9 minutes ago, poetofthedeed said:

Apparently he doesn't watch it, that's why he was pushing Kenny is a tweener for weeks, and why the bucks literally stared into the camera at the end of the episode and said "Kenny turned heel". 

I'm waiting for his review of the hangman skit to be him making a ridiculous comment about Anna Jays weight or appearance.... 

'I don't think they were really drunk.'

Guarantee.

25 minutes ago, poetofthedeed said:

That's why he, rather than Alvarez, is the one who reviews BTE on WOR and why he writes a detailed review of every BTE episode in each issue of the Observer...

If you actually listened or read what he said, rather than go off some half-baked posts on Twitter or a message board you would know that.  Which makes your second sentence even more baffling.  Not sure why you are waiting for something when you clearly don't listen or read him, unless you're waiting for one of those sad Meltzer obsessives on Twitter to cut and paste some audio to play "gotcha" with him?

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Magnum Milano said:

That's why he, rather than Alvarez, is the one who reviews BTE on WOR and why he writes a detailed review of every BTE episode in each issue of the Observer...

If you actually listened or read what he said, rather than go off some half-baked posts on Twitter or a message board you would know that.  Which makes your second sentence even more baffling.  Not sure why you are waiting for something when you clearly don't listen or read him, unless you're waiting for one of those sad Meltzer obsessives on Twitter to cut and paste some audio to play "gotcha" with him?

image.gif

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Magnum Milano said:

Indeed, Dave over states BTE on WOR if anything. His play by pmay of BTE is proper dull,  but he clearly watches it

From the two main videos, it seems to impact fans they are projecting aew as the rich dickheads. Bad guy Tony S would leave me too confused in life haha