The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

Is Dark Order one of them things you have to watch BTE to 'get it'? Over a year in and I still have no idea who any of them are. All over the place, tonally. Colt Cabana and Anna Jay joining made no difference to their careers. Their one moment of any impact was Brodie squashing Cody and since then he's fell off the face of the Earth, which everyone has been oddly quite about.

32 minutes ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

Is Dark Order one of them things you have to watch BTE to 'get it'? Over a year in and I still have no idea who any of them are. All over the place, tonally. Colt Cabana and Anna Jay joining made no difference to their careers. Their one moment of any impact was Brodie squashing Cody and since then he's fell off the face of the Earth, which everyone has been oddly quite about.

I don't watch BTE and I really enjoy them, although the fact the Colt Cabana storyline has seemingly disappeared into nothing is a little frustrating as I'd really enjoyed it. 

The way it's played out to me is that The Dark Order consists of a group of vulnerable individuals who have so little self worth they've ended up following a gaslighting bully in Brodie Lee, with the way he actually recruits people by love-bombing them (before they're in too deep to escape) being made clear through the Coly Cabana story. 

Lee and perhaps Anna Jay aside, they're all loveable losers and come across to me as exactly the kind of people who you might expect actually would join a cult. 

That's fair. They all seem irrelevant to me.

In terms of capitalising off the buzz from last week, the show felt a bit of a messy misfire this week. I'm loving the Omega/Callis pairing though, feels like Kenny has finally found his feet. Callis laying the ground work while Omega plays the sly dickhead on the side is gold.

I'm so bloody sick of Cody and Brandi Rhodes!

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Mr Butternut Squash said:

someone has staryed cutting their bits out. this one contains Sue 

• Paid Members

Sorry for the DP, but this weeks episode:

Disappointed the Omega interview was almost the same as the one on Impact. I thought the matches this week were all good to very good. I enjoyed the Main Event and Miro going nuts. Don't care for the Shaq stuff in 2020 personally. I enjoyed the Sting and Inner Circle bits, especially the Wardlow/Hager exchange.

Silver and Reynolds continue to be great, and glad its bleeding over from BTE. Speaking of Dark Order, wasn't Seven the Russo era Dustin Rhodes gimmick that was nixed for looking a bit noncy? Also, Snoop Dogg is appearing on the first episode of the year? That won't please WWE, though I guess it's to do with the new show he has with Cody.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Chris B said:

Hangman freeing the Dark Order from the brutal Brodie Lee would be a great feud for a few months. The idea that, without Brodie Lee, the Dark Order has become this loveable, wholesome supportive group is just so much fun. Here's what I'd like to see:

Brodie comes back, furious. Between Dark and Adrenaline over a couple of weeks, he hands out punishment beatings (in handicap and then one-on-one matches) to the entire Dark Order, to put them back in line. Hangman comes to the rescue, and challenges Brodie Lee - if Lee wins, Hangman has to join the Dark Order under Brodie Lee. If Hangman wins, Lee has to quit the Dark Order. 

Hangman wins, and the Dark Order come out to support their new leader - but Hangman hands the leadership over to Evil Uno instead. Page rides off into the sunset to keep building towards the inevitable Omega feud and the Dark Order becomes the face, comedy, wholesome cult that everyone wants them to be.

Or have Sonny Kiss help him free them and turn it into the Rainbow Order. 

Wow. If you like Russo booking, but a version that makes sense and doesn’t kill wrestling, then this was the show for you. 20 hours of stuff crushed into two hours. 

Enjoyed the show but it’s impossible to remember all of the 75 angles and run ins.

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, Yakashi said:

Wow. If you like Russo booking, but a version that makes sense and doesn’t kill wrestling, then this was the show for you. 20 hours of stuff crushed into two hours. 

Enjoyed the show but it’s impossible to remember all of the 75 angles and run ins.

I read the spoilers and wasn't enamoured tbh. But  having read that, given my love of car crash TV and one of my favourite episodes of TV ever being the Jan 4 2010 episode of Impact, ITV4 is definitely having a watch tomorrow night in that case.

Edited by garynysmon

Seen some proper Muppets on Facebook saying "they're bored of Omega as champion, he's done nothing so far" honestly fans these days, instant gratification or nothing.

Anyway, decent show not every week can top the previous, why did Sting need to interact with Cody he's involved in too much, speaking of which the Shaq and Brandy segment was awful, don't know why Cody and Brandy are trying to be faces when everything they do comes across as heels.

5 minutes ago, The Cutting Edge said:

Seen some proper Muppets on Facebook saying "they're bored of Omega as champion, he's done nothing so far" honestly fans these days, instant gratification or nothing.

Anyway, decent show not every week can top the previous, why did Sting need to interact with Cody he's involved in too much, speaking of which the Shaq and Brandy segment was awful, don't know why Cody and Brandy are trying to be faces when everything they do comes across as heels.

Because Cody is more interested in Cody and Brandi than AEW, which the other EVPs seem to be more concerned about fortunately.

• Paid Members

Big, big fan of Tony Schiavone getting hugged and complimented on TV. The antithesis of WWE television where someone like Tony would get endlessly bullied and humiliated until all the enthusiasm was gone. And then they’d air an anti-bullying advert immediately afterwards.

Edited by Supremo

Show was fine, bit busy as people have mentioned. Maybe the bad ratings last December spooked Tony and Co into booking like this so people won't stay away. There isn't going to be any relenting on the busy with two big shows planned over New Year. 

Young Bucks-Evans/Angelico was everything I'd thought it'd be and it was fun in being that. Acclaimed look the business but isn't it way too early for them to be in the tag picture

The Sting stuff was great. Nice to see the stuff that we think is going to happen (Sting is taking notice of Darby) actually happen. I welled up when Sting hugged Uncle Tony. Uncle Tony saying "It's Stiiiiiiing" is going to be my text notification for now on. 

The "Seven" reference with Dustin popped me. Just need a Black Reign mention before Xmas and AEW seals promotion of the year. 

Hangman potentially freeing the DO from Brodie is a good story for him while we wait for him to beat Omega and become the ace. 

Why is the women's champion being booked like Seth Rollins in this Abadon feud?

I know she is the wife of one the EVP's but can someone at AEW please sit Brandi down and tell her that her obsession with being a heel is not only weird but stupid. Cody is a great face and looks set to be one for the time being so having her be a heel makes no sense. I get the baby steps regards Shaq. The earliest he can wrestle is All Out because of the NBA schedule, so why hot shot anything? 

When Wardlow and Hager do have their match, I just want it to be like that match in NOAH earlier in the year when the guys just stared at each other for the first half hour. 

Omega/Callis are class. Interesting that Bucks/Rhodes haven't said anything on TV yet regarding the events of last week unless I missed something. You'd imagine this is going to be a plot point for the Bucks to forgive Page because Omega turned his back on the company but who knows. 

Nice to see Gedo guest book the main event of the show with all the run ins. MJF holding onto the ring for another year makes all the sense. 

Edited by Tsurutagun