The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

• Paid Members

Who even are Impacts stars if they have any? The names associated with it (Joe, AJ, Daniels, Roode etc) haven't worked there for years. No idea who they could put up against AEW if they go that way. Is Cowboy James Storm still there? Him and Dustin Rhodes could have a cracker.

1 minute ago, LaGoosh said:

Who even are Impacts stars if they have any? The names associated with it (Joe, AJ, Daniels, Roode etc) haven't worked there for years. No idea who they could put up against AEW if they go that way. Is Cowboy James Storm still there? Him and Dustin Rhodes could have a cracker.

I can't see an AEW vs Impact feud working simply for the reason others have said - Impact don't really have any huge stars to put against the AEW ones. Not unless they start defecting like the old Invasion stuff and that always gets pretty messy.

There's a few random matches I'd be happy to see but I can't see a full on company war being the way to go at all.

Could the two biggest talking points of last week's episode come together as the ending?

A working relationship with Impact who talk their first Hall of Fame inductee, Sting round to joining Callis & Omega. Eventually leading to Kenny v Cody (who Sting betrays somewhere down the line)

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

I really hope Hungman joins the Dark Orgy.

The Dark Order stuff is being wasted on BTE. Drunk John Silver belongs on TV. This stuff is absolutely gold. I love that Dark Order are just a bunch of dweebs and losers following a really scary bully. 

1 hour ago, Jackpot said:

Could the two biggest talking points of last week's episode come together as the ending?

A working relationship with Impact who talk their first Hall of Fame inductee, Sting round to joining Callis & Omega. Eventually leading to Kenny v Cody (who Sting betrays somewhere down the line)

You're bringing in Sting just to turn him heel? You're a fucking madman.

31 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

The Dark Order stuff is being wasted on BTE. Drunk John Silver belongs on TV. This stuff is absolutely gold. I love that Dark Order are just a bunch of dweebs and losers following a really scary bully. 

And when Brodie comes back you could have him beat the ever loving shit out of the guys for pissing about while he was away, punishing them until Page comes for the save.

5 hours ago, Jackpot said:

That’s more crackpot than Jackpot

Don't know what the best bit of Hangman coming across the Dark Order booze fest was

Uno calling him Hungman and asking him to join the "Dark Orgy", Anna Jay corpsing in the background or the anticipation of Dave Meltzer giving his review of this in the way Dave usually does. 

12 minutes ago, Tsurutagun said:

Don't know what the best bit of Hangman coming across the Dark Order booze fest was

Uno calling him Hungman and asking him to join the "Dark Orgy", Anna Jay corpsing in the background or the anticipation of Dave Meltzer giving his review of this in the way Dave usually does. 

I don't listen to Dave but i'm assuming he is absolutely baffled by BTE on a weekly basis, ya know.

Edited by Chili
morning spelling woes

I think people are overthinking the Impact angle. It seems just as likely that Kenny Omega pitched it to Tony Khan because he wanted to work with a friend and do him a favour and Khan just said yes. 

Its a good job they had Sting really or else the big hook coming out of their biggest episode of Dynamite is for another promotion. Mental really.

It'll be interesting to see how much direction Kenny has over the booking of the AEW championship going forward. It'll also be interesting to see what that means for the women's division. 

Glad Leyla Hirsch got on the telly. She's got a lot of potential. With the right booking I think she'd get over big, I'm just not sure where she'd get the right booking. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Tsurutagun said:

John Silver crying because Hangman is such a good wrestler was definitely the best bit. 

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Tsurutagun said:

"I mean, I don't think they'll do an orgy on television. You'd have to think TNT would be against it. But who knows? It's not PG, so, like, they could, but I don't know if they'd want... but then, Edge did the live sex celebration! So who knows? Maybe on Dark, but that'd be a step down for Adam Page, so you gotta think they're planning on it for Dynamite."

Assuming they didn't bullshit it, the timing of the 'and Neeeee-eeewww' in the background was phenomenonal. And that was the first time I've seen Hangman corpse.

3 hours ago, Vamp said:

I think people are overthinking the Impact angle. It seems just as likely that Kenny Omega pitched it to Tony Khan because he wanted to work with a friend and do him a favour and Khan just said yes. 

Its a good job they had Sting really or else the big hook coming out of their biggest episode of Dynamite is for another promotion. Mental really.

I don't think it's going to be a full invasion angle, but more the beginning of something like how they're working with NWA. We'll have occasional appearances and defences. 

I'm really excited for what a change this is. All of wrestling exists, people can come in with their own gimmicks, and they'll explain why it's a big deal if someone turns up and challenges. It's so simple, but it's so different to how people perceive WWE, which usually feels more self-contained (although I'm aware this is less than it used to be).

If the NJPW relationship is improving, the idea of occasionally bringing in big-name talent from NWA, Impact or NJPW could be really exciting, long-term. Don't over-focus on them, but every now and then? Could be awesome, especially if they start doing more tournaments, etc over time.