The AEW Wednesday Night Dynamite Thread

MPDTT

Hopefully AEW launch their second show sooner rather than later to give all the storylines more time to breath. 

Brandi has major fuck off heat. She's elevating nobody, herself included. 

The Omega promo was alright for a less good version of his Impact promo. 

Put the women's belt on Abadon then borrow Su Yung for a feud. 

People really need to just ignore crybabies on social media and reddit moaning about everything.

• Paid Members

Everything on this show was great. The only complaint from me would be that there was almost too much great stuff on it. 

Obviously the above comment doesn't include anything including Brandi Rhodes who is the fucking dirt worst. If Cody wants to be AEWs Triple H then Brandi is definitely the AEW Stephanie McMahon, equally terrible and shite.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, garynysmon said:

I read the spoilers and wasn't enamoured tbh. But  having read that, given my love of car crash TV and one of my favourite episodes of TV ever being the Jan 4 2010 episode of Impact, ITV4 is definitely having a watch tomorrow night in that case.

It's definitely not car crash TV. It's a good episode just a bit busy. The main event was cracking so worth checking that out.

Anna Jay really needs something more to do, she'd be perfect for the role of Mr Brodie Lee's eyes within the Dark Order. Even during BTE when she's not doing anything she's sitting up there watching everything going on, and I doubt they'd ever go this way but Brodie using her to keep the dorky Incels from straying.. they're already hinting that Stoo is proper into her being mean to him.

• Paid Members

Also, most of AEWs audience will be 18-39, while NXTs audience is mostly old men who fell asleep with the telly on beforehand so it's even more brutal. 

This rating is higher than last week's too, which suggests people are sticking around and the buzz is drawing fans in so good news all round. Can't wait to see the ladder match NXT pulls out to get the punters back in.

EDIT for boring ratings talk: AEW was second in all cable shows for the coveted 18-49 demo. TNT must be overjoyed, they've paid barely anything for Dynamite and it's absolutely smashing it. NXT on the other hand was number 37.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members

52788483-8810-4C6E-ACC6-6F1C96ADC6F9.thumb.jpeg.55286b1f21e576e04f45dbcfbf8e1cae.jpeg

This is such a cool look. The snow is tremendous and I think he actually looks better with the greying hair.

How many appearances did he actually do for WWE? I can’t grasp having him under contract for so long and never using him.

• Paid Members

Sting always felt wrong in WWE. It was weird but just even hearing guys like Michael Cole, Triple H etc. saying his name felt unnatural. AEW feels like the grandchild of WCW in a lot of ways so Sting feels like a natural fit, especially with Tony Schiavone around.

That they had his second match be against that shitarse Seth Rollins instead of fucking John Cena is another head scratcher. They had Rollins wrestle Cena immediately before Sting for fucks sake. 

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Supremo said:

How many appearances did he actually do for WWE? I can’t grasp having him under contract for so long and never using him.

If he did a dozen TV's I'd be stunned. As daft as this sounds, if Sting hadnt broken his neck in that feud with Rollins, his career was going to be over anyways, since Kane came down afterwards to start his feud with Seth. I mean, imagine Sting lying there after getting squashed clean and Kane's the main forcus. That to me suggested regardless of what happened that night, they didnt see value in Sting after putting Seth over.

• Paid Members

He'd probably be in the Ron Simmons/Sgt Slaughter role if he'd stayed with WWE. Popping up and letting out a half-arsed howl in shitty backstage segments with Heath Slater on Old School Raws.

My favourite Sting in WWE moment was him doing his promo before the Triple H match saying this was nothing to do with WCW against WWE and was about him vs The Authority, only for the commentators to completely ignore him and continue selling the match as WCW vs WWE.

Edited by Lorne Malvo

• Paid Members

It remains the maddest bit of trivia that WWE had both Sting and Undertaker employed and on the active roster at the same time - even wrestling on the same show - but decided matches such as Sting vs. Triple H, Undertaker vs. Bray Wyatt and Sting vs. Seth Rollins were the right direction to go in.

I haven’t watched this week’s show in it’s entirety yet. Was Pac suspiciously missing again?

Edited by Supremo